cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidGarcia1
Level: Powered On

Powersapps, Flow, and sharepoint

I made a list of approval using powerapps, flow and sharepoint, if it works but what I need is a conditions where depending on the region you choose, it is the people that will be sent the mail, for example:

If I choose Colombia, it will have to be sent to certain emails, and if I choose Mexico, it will have to be sent to others.

What function could I use, would it be directly in the flow or in powerapps? help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Powersapps, Flow, and sharepoint

In that case, Flow may be the simplest.  I had an application which sent approval requests and an email based on the receipt of a project funding request to a centralized mailbox.  There were actually two funding processes so I set up a rule for the email account that when an email was received with a certain word in the subject, it moved the incoming email (with its attachment) to a specific folder.  When a new email was added to the folder, it kicked off the flow.  The flow saved the attachment to a sharepoint library and then sent out a request for approval and sent an email notification to the appropriate individuals.  It seems like you could do something similar here, either with the region in the subject of the inbound email request for approval.  

Alternatively it is certainly possible to do this in Powerapps with a UI which accepts the region selection and upload of the file, which upon save send out the appropriate emails or with a blended approach with Powerapps providing the UI and Flow doing the work of saving the file.  Please see this post for more info.  https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/How-to-upload-files-as-pdf-docx-xlsx-etc-in-a...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

You could use either Flow or Powerapps. 

If the decision to send a specific email is in response to a human making a choice in an application, it would make the most sense to send the email from PowerApps. 

If you want a process to run once (or more per day) and send to all records which have been entered over a specific timeframe (during the prior day) then I would use Flow. 

DavidGarcia1
Level: Powered On

The function of the application is to send an email when a new file is attached to approve or reject it, what I need is a way to differentiate when a certain region is chosen and depending on the region, send the mail to the people of that region.

Super User
Super User

In that case, Flow may be the simplest.  I had an application which sent approval requests and an email based on the receipt of a project funding request to a centralized mailbox.  There were actually two funding processes so I set up a rule for the email account that when an email was received with a certain word in the subject, it moved the incoming email (with its attachment) to a specific folder.  When a new email was added to the folder, it kicked off the flow.  The flow saved the attachment to a sharepoint library and then sent out a request for approval and sent an email notification to the appropriate individuals.  It seems like you could do something similar here, either with the region in the subject of the inbound email request for approval.  

Alternatively it is certainly possible to do this in Powerapps with a UI which accepts the region selection and upload of the file, which upon save send out the appropriate emails or with a blended approach with Powerapps providing the UI and Flow doing the work of saving the file.  Please see this post for more info.  https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/How-to-upload-files-as-pdf-docx-xlsx-etc-in-a...

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 314 members 5,926 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: