Highlighted
tianaranjo
Level 8

Powershell vs. PowerApps Admin Connections

Greetings,

I have run both the GetAdminApps from:

• An app using the PowerAppsforAdmins connection
  • PowerShell cmdlet - Get-AdminPowerApp

I expected the total count to be equal. However, the PowerShell cmdlet always returns a < total than running via app connection. 

Can somebody explain Why difference in the total?

Thank you.

aka@kickingApps

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Powershell vs. PowerApps Admin Connections

Hi @tianaranjo ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Could you please show more details about the PowerApps PowerShell cmdlet you used?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. On my side, the amount of the result the Get-AdminPowerApp -EnvironmentName 'Default-9e51064f-xxxx-41a2-xxxx-9785a9d6c706'  powershell cmdlet returns is more than ('>') the amount the PowerAppsforAdmins.GetAdminApps("Default-9e51064f-xxxx-41a2-xxxx-9785a9d6c706").value formula returns in PowerApps app.

The PowerShell cmdlet looks like below:8.JPGPowerShell Cmdlet

The PowerApps formula as below:9.JPG

10.JPG

Currenly, within PowerApps, there is a records retrieve limits within the PowerAppsforAdmins.GetAdminApps() function. In default, it could only retrieve 250 records at most once time.11.JPG

On your side, please check if you have typed a proper PowerApps PowerShell cmdlet in your PowerShell box. Also please check if you have added additional restricts to your Get-AdminPowerApp cmdlet.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @tianaranjo ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Could you please show more details about the PowerApps PowerShell cmdlet you used?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. On my side, the amount of the result the Get-AdminPowerApp -EnvironmentName 'Default-9e51064f-xxxx-41a2-xxxx-9785a9d6c706'  powershell cmdlet returns is more than ('>') the amount the PowerAppsforAdmins.GetAdminApps("Default-9e51064f-xxxx-41a2-xxxx-9785a9d6c706").value formula returns in PowerApps app.

The PowerShell cmdlet looks like below:8.JPGPowerShell Cmdlet

The PowerApps formula as below:9.JPG

10.JPG

Currenly, within PowerApps, there is a records retrieve limits within the PowerAppsforAdmins.GetAdminApps() function. In default, it could only retrieve 250 records at most once time.11.JPG

On your side, please check if you have typed a proper PowerApps PowerShell cmdlet in your PowerShell box. Also please check if you have added additional restricts to your Get-AdminPowerApp cmdlet.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

tianaranjo
Level 8

-Deleted-

tianaranjo
Level 8

Disregard; I am getting an error when I enteer {'$top': 1100}. 

To clarify, are you saying that there is not any way to get greater than 250 records when running from within the PowerApp?

image.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 353 members 6,690 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: