cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IanN
Level: Powered On

Problem setting slider max by formula

I have an edit form which gets filled with record data. The form consists of four sliders, the max value of all four sliders cannot exceed 50.

• First slider is set to a max of 50
  • Second slider is set to a formula of =(50-sum(Slider1))
  • Third slider is set to a formula of =(50-sum(Slider1, Slider2))
  • Fourth slider is set to a formula of =(50-sum(Slider1, Slider2, Slider3))

The formula enter fine but seem to revert to the integer of whatever value is returned by the formula on the preview data and no longer contains a formula. Occassionally a formula will save and not be replaced but editing other cards can reset this. Is this a known bug?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Problem setting slider max by formula

Hi IanN,

I test this issue according to your descriptions on my side, by adding four slider controls in a form and setting its Max property the same with you. But it doesn’t revert to the integer of the value returned by the formula on the preview data, and the formula is still there. So I am not able to reproduce it.

Do you have any other special configures in the form? Could you show me more details about this issue?

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
IanN
Level: Powered On

The database is an access webapp connected by SQL Server connection. The actual slider control not just the card has been given a custom name, not sure if that changes anything. I can't see anything else with the setting which are abnormal.

I'm thinking maybe the sum function is the issue, not sure if it gets handed over to the SQL server to carry out the work and gets screwed up in the process. Or it may just be that the editor is calculating values of the formula and because the calculated value was exceeding the max or below the min of 0 it just forced the slider max values to change to integers.

I managed after many attempts to get a set of formula to remain and not revert to integer values. For example for slidercard4 i used (50-(slider1.value+slider2.value+slider3.value)). 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi IanN,

Maybe a “.” operator is necessary. We can use “.“ operator to extract a property from a table, control, signal. Please check this article:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/operators/

You could also try with (50-sum(slider1.value,slider2.value,slider3.value)) to see if this works.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 172 members 5,729 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: