Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem with DatePicker and saving back to SharePoint List

Hi all,

Seem to have come across a bug with the DatePicker and saving back to SharePoint lists. I'm using PowerApps Studio version 2.0.650. Further Details below:

• Attempting to Patch a record to SharePoint Online List with a Date column.
  • If the column is set to "Date Only", and i simply use the elementName.SelectedDate property to patch back, consistently saving back as 1 day before the selected date.
  • However, if I set the column to be "Date and Time", and then patch with elementName.SelectedDate+Time(0,0,0) it will save to the correct date with a time stamp of 12:00am.
    • I'm trying to use this is as a workaround where possible, however, it's wrecking havoc on filtering by date functions throughout a bunch of apps.

Anyone else coming across a similar issue? What are your workarounds? or is this a bug at Microsoft's end?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Problem with DatePicker and saving back to SharePoint List

Hi @v-micsh-msft, looks like the bug sorted itself out. Hadn't changed anything, after the weekend I tested my functions again, patching a selected date and time (without timeoffset) now saves it correctly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

Per my testing, DatePicker controls works at my side.

There used to be TimeZone issues when saving date value into SharePoint List, which I think should be fixed in PowerApps version 2.0.650.

Please verify the TimeZone settings under your SharePoint Site settings-> Regional settings, make sure the time zone is set to the same Local Time Zone as your machine.

There is no need to take use of timezoneoffset function here.

Let me know if this works for you.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-micsh-msft, looks like the bug sorted itself out. Hadn't changed anything, after the weekend I tested my functions again, patching a selected date and time (without timeoffset) now saves it correctly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 373 members 5,491 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: