cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem with SQL Database

Hi Guys, my company has a SQL serve with some important datasources, I am having soem trouble when conecting to it, then I asked my IT department they said that this SQL Server is closed, you can only access with you are in the same network as the company, this is a rule company, I cant not change it.. So I ask if there is a way that I can connect to it?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mogulman
Level 8

Re: Problem with SQL Database

You need to connect on-premise SQL Server to Data Gateway then use SQL Server.  You'll select the named Gateway.  The Gateway will show this once you have connected to on-premise SQL Server.

DataGateway.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Microsoft Employee

Hello @Anonymous, I would suggest to discuss this issue with your IT department. There could be various solutions here but your IT should be in the best position to suggest one.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I discussed with them but they answered me that PowerApps is based on Cloud so thats why I can't connect to the SQL that is blocked from connections outside the same network company o.o

So now I am in doubt how to solve this x.x

mogulman
Level 8

I'm not understanding.  Were you able to connect to SQL Server using On-Premise Data Gateway?  If you can connect then you should be able to see data gateway from PowerApps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to connect on PowerApps here:

connect directly based on cloud

Capturar.PNG

maybe gateway is my solution here?

mogulman
Level 8

You need to connect on-premise SQL Server to Data Gateway then use SQL Server.  You'll select the named Gateway.  The Gateway will show this once you have connected to on-premise SQL Server.

DataGateway.png

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I will try it tomorrow on my company..

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK I DID it, but Now i dont know what to do, I tried to connect on PowerApps using the GateWay and got a licence error, but my licence is Dynamics....

I cant extend my plan 2 to test also :C

mogulman
Level 8

I have a Business 365 license that comes with PowerApps and for right now free use of the Gateway.  They just announced they plan to charge for the Gateway starting 2/1/2019.  You probably need to check with support if Dynamics includes use of Gateway.

I'm just using Gateway to develop app.  I find the use of the SQL Profiler VERY useful in figuring what PowerApps is doing and improving performance.  I plan to move to Azure SQL DB.  I can get by with Basic plan and don't want headache of managing server. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,120)