Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jup
Level: Powered On

Problem with datetime from SQL

Hi all! 

I have a problem:

I just want to display the datetime value from my mssql table (see image 1+2 attached).

1st Question: Is it possible to display the ORIGINAL datetime value from the sql (without any type of conversation)??

Other question:

I used the formula to get the correct date for germany:

Text( DateAdd( ThisItem.datumSORTIERUNG; TimeZoneOffset(); Minutes ) ; "[$-de-DE]dd.mm.yyyy hh:mm" )

But as you can see the 3rd image attached: 

If you compare the values from the table to the values from the powerapps gallery:

- 1st value is WRONG

- all other values are CORRECT.

I really dont understand it.

Can you help me?

thanks,

jup

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Problem with datetime from SQL

@jup 

I'll start with your second question...

You need to give the TimeZoneOffset the date that you want the offset from, otherwise it will give an offset of the current timezone.

Text( 
DateAdd(ThisItem.datumSORTIERUNG; TimeZoneOffset(ThisItem.datumSORTIERUNG); Minutes ); "[$-de-DE]dd.mm.yyyy hh:mm" )

As for your first question, are you talking about getting the date/time in that same format?  The date/time is stored in your data as a datetime value, so it has no format.  That is all governed by your local/regional settings. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Problem with datetime from SQL

@jup 

I'll start with your second question...

You need to give the TimeZoneOffset the date that you want the offset from, otherwise it will give an offset of the current timezone.

Text( 
DateAdd(ThisItem.datumSORTIERUNG; TimeZoneOffset(ThisItem.datumSORTIERUNG); Minutes ); "[$-de-DE]dd.mm.yyyy hh:mm" )

As for your first question, are you talking about getting the date/time in that same format?  The date/time is stored in your data as a datetime value, so it has no format.  That is all governed by your local/regional settings. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,759)