cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem with detailscreen/form and editscreen/form

Hi Powerapps experts

I have a general issue with apps build from scratch. Whenever I try to add detail screens or edit screen with the forms I am never able to connect to the excel sheet from OneDrive. The datasource is connected but whenever I try to connect in the edit screen or detail screen it is not working. I do not get any information on what is wrong/missing. The lack of information when things are not connecting is a general issue for Powerapps in my opinion, atleast give me an error message! 

Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this? 

Thanks in advance. 

Best regards 

Mikkel

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Problem with detailscreen/form and editscreen/form

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you mean the editscreen or the Details Screen shows no data?

If yes, then I think the issue here should be the Item property of the form control.

In addition to configure the Datasource property, we need to configure the item property with a special record.

Please check the article first, see if it would help:

Understand data forms in Microsoft PowerApps

For configuration and editing form control, please follow:

Edit form and Display Form controls in PowerApps

And if I have any misunderstandings, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Michael 

Thank you for your reply and links. I have seen the two guides you refer to before, but it does not quit adress my issue. 

I know how to set up display form and edit form from scratch, but the problem is that the connection to the data source fails to often. 

One of the things I found impossible was to connect to more than one tabel in the same excel sheet (shared via OneDrive). Can it be true that I cannot connect with more than one tabel in a excel sheet?

PS. the connection issue is also evident if I connect to more than one tabel/spreadsheet for the same app. 

BR, 

Mikkel 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Michael 

Thank you for your reply and links. I have seen the two guides you refer to before, but it does not quit adress my issue. 

I know how to set up display form and edit form from scratch, but the problem is that the connection to the data source fails to often. 

One of the things I found impossible was to connect to more than one tabel in the same excel sheet (shared via OneDrive). Can it be true that I cannot connect with more than one tabel in a excel sheet?

PS. the connection issue is also evident if I connect to more than one tabel/spreadsheet for the same app. 

BR, 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 322 members 6,182 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: