cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
svandaTIB
Level: Powered On

Re: Problem with filter formula

Thanks for your reply.

Sometimes it works correctly, but on the half of the uses the list shows very weird data. Do you think, that I can find any easier solution if I will be ok only with data from this year - I will use less rows, so the application may will be work better.

Or do you have any other formulas, that I can try?

Meneghino
Level 10

hi @svandaTIB

If you can reduce your data source to 500 rows or less (i.e. only for current year) then you should be ok without special formulas.

Super User
Super User

Hi @svandaTIB,

I see that other below have suggested collections - you should definitely avoid this wherever possible as it will mean every time you refresh the collection it is downloading the entire source data into the collection! We want to have Sharepoint do the work for us before the items are sent to PowerApps.

Your formula references Author.Email (a value within a column) which SharePoint is not able to delegate.

SortByColumns(Filter(Výkazy;Author.Email = User().Email);"Datum";Descending)

A quick solution would be:

1. In SharePoint, create a new Text column, call it AuthorEmailValue.

2. In PowerApps, refresh your data source.

3. Select your gallery, edit the fields to include AuthorEmailValue

4. Set this field to invisible (it is only there for us to search it)

5. Anywhere that your App does Edit/New, add this field, set to invisible, and in the Textbox within that card, set the Default to Text(Author.Email)

6. This will write the value to any new/edits - so you can now go through and edit&save each item in list or copy paste values in the Sharepoint list.

7. Change your Items property to:

SortByColumns(Filter(Výkazy;AuthorEmailValue = Text(User().Email) );"Datum";Descending)

(You could also fill all the existing columns using a Flow that extracts.Author.Email and sets this as the field in a Text Column)

ManCat

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!
Lexnnn

This did help me. (I was using people field and it did not work well with powerapps)
https://wonderlaura.com/2018/10/26/powerapps-filter-by-me/

To let the users still be able to use the people field, I use flow to auto populate the new single line of text field with a copy of email adress from people field.

Highlighted
Lexnnn

This did help me to filter on User = email from people field: (I was using people field and it did not work well with powerapps) (3200+ items)
https://wonderlaura.com/2018/10/26/powerapps-filter-by-me/

Solution in short: use variable "on start" + "OnVisisble" refresh of the list and use same variable in filter +  single line of text field instead of poeple field.

SortByColumns(Filter('Sandwich shop',(Salesrepemail = CurrentUser.Email) And ((StartsWith(Account_x0020_name, TextSearchBox1.Text)) Or (StartsWith(Street, TextSearchBox1.Text)) Or (StartsWith(City, TextSearchBox1.Text))Or (StartsWith(Postal_x0020_Code, TextSearchBox1.Text)))), "Account_x0020_name", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

To let the users still be able to use the people field, I use flow to auto populate the new single line of text field with a copy of email adress from people field.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,752)