cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian4
Level: Powered On

Problems with data source after using enhanced SQL preview feature

This week I toggled on the new "Enable enhanced Microsoft SQL Server connector" on my app with two SQL data sources hoping for an improved experience (it did help with a datetime time zone issue) but my app performance started running very poorly (unsure if this is directly related). I have since turned it off. (Note: each time I turn the feature on or off I will remove both SQL data sources then re-add them.)

I am now having an issue where I can not get a Gallery to connect to one of my SQL data sources. Even creating an entirely new Gallery just to add this data source to returns and error. What's also strange is PowerApps is even able to preview the head of the data table. 

The error returned is:

"The requested operation is invalid. Server Response: An identifier was expected at position 0. inner exception: An identifier was expected at position 0."

2019-10-22_17h47_40.png

To be clear, since using the preview feature I get this error with the feature turned on or off. I have removed and re-added my data sources each time as well as saved and published. An old save of my app still conencts to this data source without issue. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian4

Re: Problems with data source after using enhanced SQL preview feature

Thank you for the reply. I have found what the problem was. I had a different Preview Feature turned on that seemed to be causing the issue.

I togged off the "Explicit column selection" and my second SQL data source started working again.

What's strange is the performance issues I had noted earlier actually improved after disabling this feature which I believe is intended to help performance. One of my data sources has ~20 columns with 1600 records which is less than desirable but it seems the explicit column selection was making it even worse. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-siky-msft
Level 10

Hi @Brian4 ,

Sorry for that, but i can't reproduce this issue, even though I have removed and re-added it several times.

Could you try to remove the SQL connector(not only SQL connection), and re-add it to check if it is fixed? If possible, you even can try it in another app. Also, what does poor performance mean?

The "Enable enhanced Microsoft SQL Server connector" feature is still in Preview, it needs your feedback to improve it.

Best regards,

Sik

Brian4

Thank you for the reply. I have found what the problem was. I had a different Preview Feature turned on that seemed to be causing the issue.

I togged off the "Explicit column selection" and my second SQL data source started working again.

What's strange is the performance issues I had noted earlier actually improved after disabling this feature which I believe is intended to help performance. One of my data sources has ~20 columns with 1600 records which is less than desirable but it seems the explicit column selection was making it even worse. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,878)