cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VipPan
Level: Powered On

QR code scanning

Hello PA Team,

Is there any QR code scanning ability exists with Power Apps ? We are construction related company and all the eqiupments are tagged with QR codes. We need to create several mobile apps and without QR code scanning we can't even start projects.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Vipul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NoumanQ

Re: QR code scanning

Hello,

Microsoft has provided improved barcode scanning capabilities using OS capabilities for Android/IOS. you can enable it using a beta feature that is now available.

Nouman

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
MrGolb

Hello

As far as I have seen there is no 2d barcode scanning ability, I have upvoted this as seems to be a feature many people want. Hopefully this will be added in the next PowerApps update

Marc

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @MrGolb,

Would you please help to provide the link of this idea you submitted? So that @VipPan and other users who have the same requirement could vote and follow the update there. Thanks for sharing!

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MrGolb

Hi Mona

Yeah I did think to add the link but it was after I had sent the message! 😞 

Hopefully the link below will work Vote for QR

Again would be a great feature 

Thanks

NoumanQ

Hello, 

I have tried searching but no such capability currently exists, Even powerapps is fairly bad at reading 1D barcodes and I found that only EAN 13 barcode work a bit reliably, the remaining barcodes are very difficult to read.

However I found a way around this. You can install an android keyboard that supports scanning. The following App on android store helps you scan a value into any application by just a press of button, I find this to be a solution until powerapps does not comeup with robust 1d and 2D barcode scanning functionality. Do Try and let me know the feedback.

Barcode & QR code Keyboard

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nikosoft.nikokeyboard&hl=en

Nouman

VipPan

Hi there,

Thanks for the solution. I've already created restful web service, which is hosted in-house; It can parse the QR code image and return me the string and so far its working well. Its again just a work around before MS comes with 2D scanning capabilities. 

Thanks.

NoumanQ

Hello,

Microsoft has provided improved barcode scanning capabilities using OS capabilities for Android/IOS. you can enable it using a beta feature that is now available.

Nouman

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

Shane did a great video on this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60ondObDBH0

VipPan

Yes, I've applied to a couple of apps and it just works great. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,467)