cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Query with Edit Forms Feature

Hi,

I am trying to create an app from scratch using common data service for a phone layout. Whenever I am using any forms(Edit or Display) it is showing up in the edit screen but coming as blank while running the app. I am facing similar issue while inserting a picture in my app. However, custom buttons & controls are working perfectly fine. Please guide. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Query with Edit Forms Feature

Hi SS,

You also need to set the Item property to point to the record that you want to edit from your Data Source. So please try to add a Gallery to display data and filter based on your condition.

Please see these two documentations:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/control-form-detail/

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/working-with-forms/

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Mabel,

Thank you. What Function should I use to pull the records? I have created an entity in the Common Data Service with 8 fields out of which 7 fields are linked to unique picklist. When I am trying to put this in the app, showing the values of the picklist as a drop down menu, which can be edited in the edit form feature, the form is not showing up(both display & edit forms).

How to fix that?

Regards,

Sweta 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi SS,

According to your description, I create a Custom Entity2 with 8 fields, and 7 of the them are linked to unique Picklist.

Then create an app from blank, create a connection to Entity2.
Add two screens, say Screen1 and Screen2.

On screen1, add a Gallery control, set its data source as Entity2. Then add a Next arrow icon on the gallery, set its OnSelect property as Navigate(Screen2,ScreenTransition.Fade).

1.png

On screen2, add an Edit Form control, set its data source as Entity2, then Items property as Gallery1.Selected. Then select the fields you want to show from Form Customization pane on the right hand.
If you want to save data to data source, you could add a button on the screen and set its OnSelect property as SubmitForm(Form1).

3.PNG

If you want to create a new record, on Screen1, you could add a button, name it as New, and set its OnSelect property as NewForm(Form1);Navigate(Screen2,ScreenTransition.Fade).

By setting the Items property of Edit form/Display form as Gallery.Selected, on preview mode, the form will be shown.

Please try my steps to see if it works for you.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I  have the same problem, i fixed this issue creating a button for sumbit and reset the form, you need put your edit form in New mode and put this formula in the button on save changes: 

SubmitForm(nomForm) && ResetForm(nomForm) 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I  have the same problem, i fixed this issue creating a button for sumbit and reset the form, you need put your edit form in New mode and put this formula in the button on save changes: 

SubmitForm(nomForm) && ResetForm(nomForm) 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,750)