cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JMUSharePoint
Level: Powered On

Question regarding PowerApps User Licensing

I'm confused over the change in Microsoft's PowerApps and Flow licensing.  I have users who have created multiple PowerApps using the Plan 1 license.  Will their apps quit working once the Plan 1 and Plan 2 licenses are removed by Microsoft?  Will there no longer be any FREE licenses?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Question regarding PowerApps User Licensing

Yes, PowerApps and Flows that use only SharePoint, OneDrive or other standard connectors will continue to work with the "seeded" license that comes with Office 365.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

If users have created PowerApps that use Premium features available in Plan 1 they will need to upgrade to Standalone plan licenses after October 1.  The "Free" license that was included with Office 365 will remain.  But that license never covered the premium connectors or features. That is why most people purchased Plan 1. For those users they can either buy the new standalone plan, switch to a Per App plan, or stop using the Premium features that Plan 1 provided.

JMUSharePoint
Level: Powered On

So if users have created PowerApps and Flows that connect to SharePoint, they will still work, correct?

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Yes, PowerApps and Flows that use only SharePoint, OneDrive or other standard connectors will continue to work with the "seeded" license that comes with Office 365.

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @JMUSharePoint ,

According to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/powerapps-flow-licensing-faq:

What will happen to the existing PowerApps and Microsoft Flow plans on October 1, 2019?

The existing P1 and P2 plans for PowerApps and Microsoft Flow will be transitioning to the new PowerApps per app and per user plans, as well as the Microsoft Flow per user and per Microsoft Flow plans. Existing customers will be able to maintain the P1 and P2 plans for PowerApps and Microsoft Flow for the duration of their current subscription period, and they may be eligible to also renew under current terms depending upon when their subscription period expires. Similarly, new customers may be able to purchase the existing P1 and P2 plans prior to April 1, 2020. Please contact your Microsoft account rep for more information.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,564)