Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Question regarding re-use of formulea and peformance

If I have a formula suchs as:

Sum(Filter('[Order].[OrderDetail]', OrderHeaderID =galOrderHeader.Selected.OrderHeaderID),OrderDetailLineTotal )

which I have already assigned to a label and want to reference elsewhere in my app, is there any performance difference between referencing the label and including the full formula again?

For example, the formula above is for lblOrderTotalCalc and calculates the OrderDetailLineTotal for a given OrderHeader. I now want to display the total discount according to a selected OrderDiscountID. By using a reference to lblOrderTotalCalc (rather than inserting the full formula) as shown below am I saving a query to the datasource?

RoundDown(LookUp(LocalOrderDiscount, OrderDiscountID = DataCardValueOrderDiscountID*1, OrderDiscountPercent)*lblOrderTotalCalc/100,0)

Cheers

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Question regarding re-use of formulea and peformance

Hi @PaulD1,

Sorry but there is no way to do that in PowerApps so far. You will need to insert the full formula again. The second formula won't work as you wish. Though I think this is a good idea if the formula could be reuse. Consider to post this idea in the PowerApps Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Question regarding re-use of formulea and peformance

Hi @PaulD1,

Sorry but there is no way to do that in PowerApps so far. You will need to insert the full formula again. The second formula won't work as you wish. Though I think this is a good idea if the formula could be reuse. Consider to post this idea in the PowerApps Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,102)