cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Power Automate Staff audrieg
Power Automate Staff

RE: Insert-Icons: Can I add my own icons to the existing list?

RE: Insert-Icons: Can I add my own icons to the existing list? I'm looking to add a "house" icon, and a "text message" symbol icon.

Please help. Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff sarafankit
PowerApps Staff

Re: RE: Insert-Icons: Can I add my own icons to the existing list?

We currently don't support adding icons to the ribbon. But you can always use an Image control and then use the image you want. The image control also supports all properties for an icon like OnSelect, etc.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/control-image/

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PowerApps Staff

We currently don't support adding icons to the ribbon. But you can always use an Image control and then use the image you want. The image control also supports all properties for an icon like OnSelect, etc.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/control-image/

View solution in original post

Power Automate Staff audrieg
Power Automate Staff

Do you believe you will grow the list of icons? I like the simple style and ease of use.

Thank you,

Audrie

PowerApps Staff

Yes, we will try to grow the list over time to cover the common asks.

mcorning
Level 8

where is the settings icon?

i have to use the options list icon when i prefer a standard hamburger icon.

these are such basic images, i'm surprised you need to add them or have us lobby for their presence.

Olivier
Level 8

Hi Ankit,

It might be a good idea to have a specific place in the "ideas" forum where people could add their wishlist for icons, so that it is somewhat centralized and it would facilitate both the developers' job (they know their input will be taken into account), and yours because you won't have to search all over the ideas forum to look for the icons.  I think that in general, you could benefit from having specific places to get feedback for each control / API / formula / ... 

A lot of your developers would more actively provide feedback when they encounter issues, because they would know there is a specific place to post feedback.  Also, on your end, you could assign people to a set of elements to follow-up on, curate, document, ...  

Just to name a few:  the video control doesn't provide the same behavior if a file is local or on YouTube.  The Office365 Video connector doesn't work, ... and a lot of other items that could be discussed. 

In addition, you would probably get more people to stick, because they wouldn't spend a lot of time trying to make a specific aspect of the product work if they quickly find it doesn't and they should work on other aspects of the design. I have seen somewhere that in the future, developers will be able to refine the documentation.  This would be fantastic for PowerApps.

Icons I am looking for: back "arc" arrow and forward "arc" arrow with a number at the center (the number would be a text box behind the icon) to indicate going back / forward a certain quantity.

I agree with Audrie that I prefer to use the clean looking icons provided in PowerApps than making my own, everything will be more standard for the end users that way.

Thanks,

Olivier

Olivier

DamianJauregui
Level: Powered On

I should also say that the example given on that link also supports the inclusion of SVG images, which make for much crisper icons tham PNGs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,455)