cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Rate Limit Exceeded - SQL On Premesis

This is starting to get a joke now.

Patching SQL on Premesis from powerapps and at about 200 records in.. Rate Limit exceeded!

Business software..  Not Personal software MS.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Rate Limit Exceeded - SQL On Premesis

Hi @Delid4ve

The "Rate Limit exceeded" error means that you hit the limit of API calls for the SQL Server connector.

There is a limit in the API calls for the SQL Server connector -- 800 calls per 10 seconds. More details about the API Calls limit for connectors in PowerApps/Flow, please check the following article:

https://veenstra.me.uk/2018/07/17/microsoft-flow-connector-limits/

In order to fix this issue, please consider take a try to reduce the API calls from your app to the SQL Server connector.

On your side, you should patch less records (e.g. 50 records) to your SQL table once time, and then patch the next 50 records, etc.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
samuelJ
Level 8

Hello,

We are running into very similar issues.  From what I can find SQL Server limit is 100 calls per 10 seconds.  We want to roll out an app to a larger number of people.  The app needs to have real time data for certain values.  

Did you find anything that has helper you over come these throttling limitations of PowerApps?  

Super User
Super User

This is where powerapps falls over and i feel definitely needs looking at for paying customers.

The only thing i have been able to do is where i was using concurrent to process updates to multiple tables at once (reducing time for the end user) i have had to process them individually which adds about 2 minutes to the upload for me.  

Since there is no 'Delay' or 'Sleep' function within commands i don't see any way to limit the rate, otherwise we could break the patch functions up and do say the first 50, wait, next 50 etc etc.. although this still doesnt solve the fact that multiple users could be executing the command together.

I already load all data into collections for processing, not viable if it has to be real time, but if a couple of users patch at the same time then its just error after error.

There has to be some form of limit to stop ddos etc but i do feel the rates need to increase significantly as if i'm getting them testing with 1 user, how do we expect to roll this out for multiple.

AFWright
Level: Powered On

My users just started reporting this error as well. Azure SQL DB. Not even sure where to start troubleshooting this issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 322 members 6,376 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: