cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Rate Limit is Exceeded using SharePoint Lists

Starting yesterday, I'm finding that I am getting the 'Rate Limit is Exceeded' message repeatedly on an existing app that previously rarely, if ever, got this error.

My understanding was that the Rate Limit applied to transactions rather than records, e.g. a single delegable filter command would be one transaction irrespective of the number of records returned. Is this correct? Is there a resource which defines what actions count agains the Rate Limit?

I have reduce the frequency with which I refresh data sources and that has definitely helped, reduce, but not completely eliminate the 'Rate-Limit' warnings.

To help trouble-shoot, is there any way of viewing the transaction Rate while testing an App to try to determine if the limit is being approached and how much each command is eating up the limit?

Thanks

Paul

9 REPLIES 9
mr-dang
Level 10

Re: Rate Limit is Exceeded using SharePoint Lists

Hi Paul,

Let me look into this for you.

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom
Super User
Super User

Thanks @mr-dang

I have tested again today and I'm not getting the Rate-Limit warning so far. I'll try putting some of the original refresh statements back in to see if that triggers it again.

lburgess
Level: Powered On

I'm suddenly getting this error as well.  The app is in development, so the only person using it is me. Any insights regarding what this is trying to tell me or how to avoid it?

Highlighted
realik

I am experiencing this error now too...any suggestions on how to troubleshoot?

utsav_ghosh1

I am facing the same issue. has there been any update on power apps which is causing this issue ?

cambrennan

any solution or even an idea of what could be causing this issue?

Super User
Super User

My understanding is the issue is caused by making too many 'calls' to SharePoint within a given time frame. I've most commonly seen this with galleries that have multiple LookUps (common when trying to work with a 'normalised' data set with a parent and one or more child lists in SP). For each row in the gallery, the LookUp fires individually, so if the Gallery returns 100 rows and each row has two LookUps, you're making another 200 requests to SharePoint.

Previously the solution would have been to use SQL instead of SharePoint for more 'sophisticated' data structures and handle the lookups server side with a view. Unfortunately the new licensing puts this solution beyond many people's budgets. Instead, try to re-design your App to make fewer calls to SP per minute.

bgordon

Hmmmm... I am entering a total of 11 items into a collection, with a Patch function. A repeating table, per a tutorial from @Shanescows . And yes, it is entering a total of 3 items per each to a sharepoint list. I am getting the same error, after several minutes of 'the ants marching across the top of the screen'. Any ideas of a way around this, or is this just a shortcoming of Sharepoint?

KChristoph

Spoiler
Is there any solution for this problem? I want to patch about 45-50 records with one click, which i collected previously from a gallery to a collection. 
Last month it all worked fine and now i can only patch 10-15 records, until i get the error, which is quite annoying and patching the data row per row is a quite stupid workaround, i think.

I already selected only the most important columns, but still got the error...

My Code:
ClearCollect(FS_UES_BuchungenCollection;
ShowColumns(galmtlSparrate.AllItems;"MitarbeiterMtlSparrate";"UeberstundenMtlSparrate";"FirmensparenNeuMtlSparrate";"EinzahlungMtlSparrate";"BuchungsgrundMtlSparrate"));;
ForAll(FS_UES_BuchungenCollection;
Patch(FS_UES_Buchungen;Defaults(FS_UES_Buchungen);
{
Buchungsdatum: Now() ;
Mitarbeiter:MitarbeiterMtlSparrate.Text;
KS_Ueberstunden:Value(UeberstundenMtlSparrate.Text);
KS_Firmensparen:Value(FirmensparenNeuMtlSparrate.Text);
SOLL:Value(EinzahlungMtlSparrate.Text);
Buchungsgrund: {'@odata.type':"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference";
Id:1;Value:BuchungsgrundMtlSparrate.Text}
}
))
;;
Set(BoolSparrateUebertragen;false);;

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (7,018)