Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Read encrypted columns

HI,

New to powerapps! So I thought I would just ask the community 🙂

Can powerapps read encrypted azure sql columns in a table?

/YF

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Read encrypted columns

Thank you for the response!

The task at hand is that I want to know how to make the underlying table I read from secure. I guess encrypted secure connections to the source is by default?

How do you implement a best practice security in powerapps?

If this should be in "feautures request" I will move it(unless an admin does it for me)

🙂 Thank you Yam

/YF

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi YKFG,

I assume that encrypted azure SQL columns might be not supported currently.

I haven’t seen a similar idea at PowerApps Ideas Forum, please consider to submit a new feature request at here. I will also collect and report this feature from my side.

Anytime you are having issues with PowerApps, please feel free post your issues at here, we are always ready to help.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the response!

The task at hand is that I want to know how to make the underlying table I read from secure. I guess encrypted secure connections to the source is by default?

How do you implement a best practice security in powerapps?

If this should be in "feautures request" I will move it(unless an admin does it for me)

🙂 Thank you Yam

/YF

View solution in original post

rshafique
Level: Powered On

Microsoft is claiming PowerApps follow a robust set of security technologies and practices.

Please find the link below in which they had explained this in detail:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/TrustCenter/CloudServices/business-application-platform/security

They have stated that

“Your data is securely protected because the business application platform is built on Microsoft Azure. This means that they benefit from the Azure platform’s powerful security technologies. Encryption of data, at rest and in transit, also preserves confidentiality. In addition, business application platform services use separate front-end and back-end clusters, the Gateway role, and secure data storage architecture. This helps protect your information and allows your organization’s data to be unified whether in the cloud or on premises.”

“The business application platform uses Azure AD as an identity repository for authentication and authorization. When users sign in to business application platform services via a secure (HTTPS) website, all communication between the user’s web browser and a business application platform service is encrypted.”

Thus based on this comments above by Microsoft, it is apparent that the Business Application Platform (which consists of Power BI, PowerApp and Flow) is encrypted at rest as well as in transit.

Hope, this link will help us understand all the security features. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 399 members 6,494 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: