cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
v-shimud
Level: Powered On

Receiving an error while loading data into CDS from on-prem sql db

Receiving an error while loading data into CDS from on-prem sql db, my scenario is simple i have an entity with one text column and trying to load data into that column but it failed with below error. Please advise.

Load to Common Data Service failed. Details: ID: dd7245fa-98ba-4ac7-9063-e070f78f45ce: Bad Request {"error":{"code":"0x0","message":"An error occurred while validating input parameters: Microsoft.OData.ODataException: Does not support untyped value in non-open type.\r\n at System.Web.OData.Formatter.Deserialization.DeserializationHelpers.ApplyProperty(ODataProperty property, IEdmStructuredTypeReference resourceType, Object resource, ODataDeserializerProvider deserializerProvider, ODataDeserializerContext readContext)\r\n at System.Web.OData.Formatter.Deserialization.ODataResourceDeserializer.ApplyStructuralProperties(Object resource, ODataResourceWrapper resourceWrapper, IEdmStructuredTypeReference structuredType, ODataDeserializerContext readContext)\r\n at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.CrmODataEntityDeserializer.ApplyStructuralProperties(Object resource, ODataResourceWrapper resourceWrapper, IEdmStructuredTypeReference structuredType, ODataDeserializerContext readContext)\r\n at System.Web.OData.Formatter.Deserialization.ODataResourceDeserializer.ReadResource(ODataResourceWrapper resourceWrapper, IEdmStructuredTypeReference structuredType, ODataDeserializerContext readContext)\r\n at System.Web.OData.Formatter.ODataMediaTypeFormatter.ReadFromStream(Type type, Stream readStream, HttpContent content, IFormatterLogger formatterLogger)","innererror":{"message":"An error occurred while validating input parameters: Microsoft.OData.ODataException: Does not support untyped value in non-open type.\r\n at System.Web.OData.Formatter.Deserialization.DeserializationHelpers.ApplyProperty(ODataProperty property, IEdmStructuredTypeReference resourceType, Object resource, ODataDeserializerProvider deserializerProvider, ODataDeserializerContext readContext)\r\n at System.Web.OData.Formatter.Deserialization.ODataResourceDeserializer.ApplyStructuralProperties(Object resource, ODataResourceWrapper resourceWrapper, IEdmStructuredTypeReference structuredType, ODataDeserializerContext readContext)\r\n at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.CrmODataEntityDeserializer.ApplyStructuralProperties(Object resource, ODataResourceWrapper resourceWrapper, IEdmStructuredTypeReference structuredType, ODataDeserializerContext readContext)\r\n at System.Web.OData.Formatter.Deserialization.ODataResourceDeserializer.ReadResource(ODataResourceWrapper resourceWrapper, IEdmStructuredTypeReference structuredType, ODataDeserializerContext readContext)\r\n at System.Web.OData.Formatter.ODataMediaTypeFormatter.ReadFromStream(Type type, Stream readStream, HttpContent content, IFormatterLogger formatterLogger)","type":"Microsoft.Crm.CrmHttpException","stacktrace":" at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OData.CrmODataUtilities.ValidateInputParameters(ModelStateDictionary controllerModelState)\r\n at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OData.EntityController.PostEntitySetImplementation(String& entitySetName, EdmEntityObject entityObject)\r\n at Microsoft.PowerApps.CoreFramework.ActivityLoggerExtensions.Execute[TResult](ILogger logger, EventId eventId, ActivityType activityType, Func`1 func, IEnumerable`1 additionalCustomProperties)\r\n at Microsoft.Xrm.Telemetry.XrmTelemetryExtensions.Execute[TResult](ILogger logger, XrmTelemetryActivityType activityType, Func`1 func)\r\n at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )\r\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass10.<GetExecutor>b__9(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)\r\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken)\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__2.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.HttpControllerDispatcher.<SendAsync>d__1.MoveNext()"}}}. (Job ID: 8a2ae377-46a3-4d62-92bf-0cb770e8e8f5)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
xinguo

Re: Receiving an error while loading data into CDS from on-prem sql db

Worked with v-shimud, looks like the first issue was resolved by customer.

The second issue was the integrator has 500k record limit. Suggestions have been given to the customer.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @v-shimud ,

I am afraid can't reproduce your isssue on my side.

And there is one similar issue with yours:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Common-Data-Service-for-Apps/Cannot-import-data-quot-Get-Data-qu...

Best Regards.

Yumia

TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

adding in @sabinn to review

@TopShelf-MSFT 

Highlighted
Microsoft sabinn
Microsoft

Thanks for reaching out. Can you provide some details on how you are trying to load data? Are you using Get data functionality? Thanks

sabinn
v-shimud

I am using get data option to load data from excel in onedrive. 

Sorry please ignore above comment, i was using an on-prem sql db to load data using get data option. 

Also, i am getting a limitation of 500000 rows that i can load into the entity is it the max amount of rows that i can load or some kind of cap. Please advise since the data i am trying to load is > 3 million. 

Our scenario is currently we are using Master Data Services to manage metadata with a bunch of business rules and custom rules to ensure data quality and are looking for a cloud solution to do the same since MDS is not scalable. However, can you confirm if CDS can be used as a replacement of MDS.

Microsoft sabinn
Microsoft

+ Miguel

@millopis 

sabinn
xinguo

Worked with v-shimud, looks like the first issue was resolved by customer.

The second issue was the integrator has 500k record limit. Suggestions have been given to the customer.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,542)