cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonathanG
Level: Powered On

Referencing output parameters from Stored Procedure Flow in PowerApps

The new Respond to PowerApps action in Flow looks to answer many prayers, but I can't get it to work with a SQL Server Stored Procedure. I'm trying to follow the Stephen Siciliano blog here.

I have a stored proc with several input parameters and 4 output parameters of various types (text, integer, bit). I create a new Flow. All the parameters, whether input or output, appear in the Execute Stored Procedure action. I ignore the output params and set the inputs to Ask in PowerApps dynamic content.

Then I add the Respond to PowerApps action. I select 'See more' by the Execute Stored Procedure option under Dynamic Content, but all I get is ReturnCode, not the output parameters. The flow executes ok but ReturnCode has no content.

Thinking perhaps the output parameter has to be singular and text, I've tried returning only one text parameter, but still don't see it.

I've tried the Request - Response action discussed here. This looks promising - it lists OutputParameters in the dynamic content options. Again the Flow runs but there is no content returned.

What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jonathanO

Re: Referencing output parameters from Stored Procedure Flow in PowerApps

Just in case anyone else sees this, Flow cannot return OUTPUT parameters from a stored procedure per the documentation:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sql/

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

What is the output of the Stored Procedure within Microsoft Flow?

You should be able to get the procedure results with the following expression under Microsoft Flow:

body('<Action_name>')?['ResultSets']

Which you may reference the detailed value by adding:

body('<Action_name>')?['ResultSets']?['FieldName']

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
JonathanGibbs

Thanks Michael

Here's a sample flow. The Stored Procedure 'kmJunk' takes one integer input parameter and returns a single integer output parameter with the value 55:

Capture.PNG

The flow runs successfully and here's the result:

Capture.PNG

Surely this should be showing an output parameter (pOutput, with a value of 55)? The Stored Procedure is being fired and working correctly, and if I run it in SSMS I get some expected output parameter.

Not sure where to start with this..!

thanks

Jonathan

jonathanO

Just in case anyone else sees this, Flow cannot return OUTPUT parameters from a stored procedure per the documentation:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sql/

View solution in original post

sphillips22

@v-micsh-msftHi Michael. Your response here is very helpful with learning how to access the values within the ResultsSet. Is there any documentation or tutorials that elaborates deeper on how to do this?

Thanks!

Sean

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @sphillips22,

Sure. Microsoft Flow is built on top of Azure Logic Apps, so they would all work with the same language:

Workflow definition Language schema

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,824)