cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eickhel
Level 8

Re: Referring to a Control via a formula?

Sure, I've created a Contact template app and added a Waffle button on the main screen that goes to the last screen of the Screens collection. The collection gets created in the OnVisible property of the main screen so you might want to test this on a published version because the designer doesn't always trigger the OnVisible correctly.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Yahya,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to navigate to different screens using one Button control with same formula?

When you use the Navigate function within your app, you must specify which screen you want to display or navigate to firstly.

If you want to use a variable to store the Screen you want to display or navigate to when one screen is loading, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

I agree with @Eickhel's thought almost, you could consider take a try to store all screens within your app. Please set the OnVisible property of your Menu Gallery screen to following formula:

ClearCollect(ScreenCollection,[[@ScreenA],[@ScreenB],[@ScreenC],...[@ScreenN]])

Note: ScreenA, ScreenB,...ScreenN represents the screen name within your app.

The OnSelect property of the Navigate button set to following formula (Naviagte to ScreenA):

Navigate(First(ScreenCollection).Value,ScreenTransition.Fade)

If you want to navigate to ScreenB, please take a try with the following formula:

Navigate(First(Remove(FirstN(ScreenCollection,2),FirstN(ScreenCollection,1))).Value,ScreenTransition.Fade)

If you want to naviagate to ScreenC, please take a try with the following formula:

Navigate(First(Remove(FirstN(ScreenCollection,3),FirstN(ScreenCollection,2))).Value,ScreenTransition.Fade)

If you want to naviagate to ScreenN, please take a try with the following formula:

Navigate(First(Remove(FirstN(ScreenCollection,N),FirstN(ScreenCollection,N-1))).Value,ScreenTransition.Fade)

More details about the FirstN function and Remove function in PowerApps, please check the following formula:

FirstN function, Remove function

More details about the Disambiguation operator (@) in PowerApps, please check the following article:

Disambiguation operator

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Yahya
Level 10

Hi @v-xida-msft and @Eickhel,

Thanks. still not working for a reason or another. The thing I wish to achieve is to automate navigation of my PowerApp which I have designed to look like SharePoint online. see attached. 

Yahya
Level 10

I have shared 2 screens of my PowerApp. Home and Project. 

in both, please forget about the gallery showing country it is for testing only.

The Gallery at the left is MenuGallery and it reads from CDS entity JuliApp Menu. It can be a collection.

The point of using a gallery to navigate has many useful reasons such as it can extend to much more App/device Screen height, also that Red highlight of the current screen is needless to say nice/useful, which I achieve easily, also location is fixed. If Buttons are used then, you know..

In attachments 4 and 5, I show the formula I use in OnSelect of that Gallery that exists in both Screen000_Home and Screen050_Project, and navigation works perfectly.

My point is that, for +60 screens, that formula really will be long, and I am afraid will have negative effect of App performance. So, I wish use a formula like this as simple as this for OnSelect the Menu Gallery in all screens: -

Navigate(ThisItem.abcd_screenname,ScreenTransition.Cover)

It is needless to say that the above does not work.

Do you think there is a way?

Eickhel
Level 8

Hey,

I think the methods provided by both @v-xida-msft and me could help you build this type of interface but I'm not really sure about the issues you're facing with this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,327)