cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DCooper14
Level: Power Up

Refresh SQL Views and populate collections - most current data not displaying in collection

I have a start page for our app and an "Enter" button.  We are using SQL as our datasources. On the click event of the enter button,  I have this code:

Refresh('[dbo].[vwPortfolio]'); Refresh('[dbo].[vwSubportfolio]'); Refresh('[dbo].[vwFacility]'); Concurrent(ClearCollect(colPortfolio,Sort('[dbo].[vwPortfolio]',PortfolioName)),ClearCollect(colSubportfolio,Sort('[dbo].[vwSubportfolio]',SubportfolioName)),ClearCollect(colFacility,'[dbo].[vwFacility]'),LoadData(colFaciltyImages,"cTempFacilityImages", true ));Navigate(PortfolioScreen,ScreenTransition.Cover);

For a sample reference, vwPortfolio is a SQL Data Source querying off a table called Portfolio in an Azure SQL database.  

After the above code runs, a page with a gallery appears.  The gallery is bound to the collection "colPortfolio" - which was populated with the data from "vwPortfolio"  If one of our clients adds any data through our separate external web application to the table "Portfolio", then run the Powerapp (from the start page), any new values recently added do not show.  If I remove the ClearCollect and bind the gallery on the next page directly to vwPortfolio, all the data from SQL shows.  

Is this code incorrect?  What is the protocol for filling collections with the most recent data from SQL when the app is run from the start page?  It seems as if "Refresh" is not working the way I have this implemented.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Refresh SQL Views and populate collections - most current data not displaying in collection

Hi @DCooper14 ,

If all data could show using the gallery, then ClearCollect should also be able to collect all the same data. If the newly added data does not show, please try to click on the button again and test.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,058)