cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flag
Level: Powered On

Refreshing a subpage without being redirected to the first parent's subpage

I thank the admins who have totally deleted my message without any warning and I propose it again here.

The problem I open the thread is that if I update the content with the Refresh key on a subpage of the list, the application takes me back to the subpage of the first parent.

I have an app that derives all the content from a single table in a database.
Then create a list by grouping by category (a column of the db that contains the category of the item in the row), and accordingly if I select a category it shows me the list of rows of the db with that category.
Just in this sublist if I press the Refresh button, I find myself in the sublist of the first parent category, thus forcing me to go back and reselect the category I was interested in.

The Refresh key executes the command: Refresh('[dbo].[ Table]')
3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Refreshing a subpage without being redirected to the first parent's subpage

When you say you have a sub list based on a category does that mean you have a Gallery or DataTable in PowerApps that is being filtered by the category? If so, what is the formula for the Items property of the Gallery or DataTable? Also when a refresh is executed is Refresh('[dbo].[ Table]')

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Flag
Level: Powered On

It's a Gallery and the formula that generate it is:

GroupBy(SortByColumns(Search('[dbo].[Table]'; TextSearchBox2.Text; "Category"); "Category"; If(SortDescending1; SortOrder.Descending; SortOrder.Ascending));"Category";"Category")

Super User
Super User

I understand the issue now. The selected item in the gallery changes to the first item when the gallery updates because of of an item being added or a manual refresh. This is being caused by the GroupBy function because it has to rebuild the table. I am sorry but I don't have a solution for you other than removing the GroupBy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 143 members 4,850 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: