cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flag
Level: Powered On

Refreshing a subpage without being redirected to the first parent's subpage

I thank the admins who have totally deleted my message without any warning and I propose it again here.

The problem I open the thread is that if I update the content with the Refresh key on a subpage of the list, the application takes me back to the subpage of the first parent.

I have an app that derives all the content from a single table in a database.
Then create a list by grouping by category (a column of the db that contains the category of the item in the row), and accordingly if I select a category it shows me the list of rows of the db with that category.
Just in this sublist if I press the Refresh button, I find myself in the sublist of the first parent category, thus forcing me to go back and reselect the category I was interested in.

The Refresh key executes the command: Refresh('[dbo].[ Table]')
3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Refreshing a subpage without being redirected to the first parent's subpage

When you say you have a sub list based on a category does that mean you have a Gallery or DataTable in PowerApps that is being filtered by the category? If so, what is the formula for the Items property of the Gallery or DataTable? Also when a refresh is executed is Refresh('[dbo].[ Table]')

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Flag
Level: Powered On

It's a Gallery and the formula that generate it is:

GroupBy(SortByColumns(Search('[dbo].[Table]'; TextSearchBox2.Text; "Category"); "Category"; If(SortDescending1; SortOrder.Descending; SortOrder.Ascending));"Category";"Category")

Super User
Super User

I understand the issue now. The selected item in the gallery changes to the first item when the gallery updates because of of an item being added or a manual refresh. This is being caused by the GroupBy function because it has to rebuild the table. I am sorry but I don't have a solution for you other than removing the GroupBy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,598)