cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xyd
Level: Powered On

Remove Embedded Canvas Apps from one environment to another

according to this doc https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/share-embedded-canvas-app this is what supported way of moving Embedded Canvas App

"Embedded canvas apps are also solution aware. By default embedded canvas apps are created in the same solution as the host model-driven form. To move the embedded canvas app from one environment to another export and import embedded canvas apps as a part of a solution just like any other component."

Just want to ensure I understand this correct,

1. So if I have an embedded canvas app on the Case Interactive experience form which is the form that has been used in the model driven app "Customer Service Hub", let's say the solution hosting that form is called "Core". Do I export the import the solution that is hosting the "Core" to the target envrionment? or?

2. Will it work if I save the Canvas PowerApp locally and then import the msapp file to the target envrionment. Finally manually add the app id in the relevant form where I want to embed?

Or do you have an even better suggestion?

Many thanks in advanced

Xun

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
PavanKumar
Level 8

Re: Remove Embedded Canvas Apps from one environment to another

Hi,

Both options works however, in the latter we should also make sure app is shared with correct users to keep it visible. (because it is as good as creating new app in target environment).

If this answers your question, mark it as verified.

Regards,

Pavan Kumar Garlapati

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @xyd ,

Based on the two solutions that you provided, I think both of them works well.

I think the first solution would be better than the second one. If you save your canvas app as a local .msapp file, and then import it into your Target Environment, you need to save it into your Target Environment manually, and re-share this app to your end users again.

In addition, there are also some known limits with Solutions you need to know in PowerApps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/use-solution-explorer#known-lim...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

4 REPLIES 4
PavanKumar
Level 8

Hi,

Both options works however, in the latter we should also make sure app is shared with correct users to keep it visible. (because it is as good as creating new app in target environment).

If this answers your question, mark it as verified.

Regards,

Pavan Kumar Garlapati

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @xyd ,

Based on the two solutions that you provided, I think both of them works well.

I think the first solution would be better than the second one. If you save your canvas app as a local .msapp file, and then import it into your Target Environment, you need to save it into your Target Environment manually, and re-share this app to your end users again.

In addition, there are also some known limits with Solutions you need to know in PowerApps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/use-solution-explorer#known-lim...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

xyd
Level: Powered On

Ok it's good to know it is possible with both approach.

Just correct myself, with the 2nd option (import the powerapp package into the target envrionment) will require a zip file. at the least at the Preview stage for Import package, it will not except a  the msapp file ...

So exprt the app and then import the zip file to another environment just work for me.

One thing I haven't try is to re embedded it to the relevant D365 form... but then that is why that import the Canvas App in as part of the D365 solution would be a better choice...

PavanKumar
Level 8

Yes, However double check when we import solution is it mapping to the correct canvas app id in the form control. when that verification succeeds then you are good to go.

Please mark it as verified if it answers your question.

Regards,

Pavan Kumar Garlapati

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,380)