cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remove function stopped working

I added a delete button to the app that was working up until recently and I'm not sure why.  

 

It's a button with the OnSelect as follows: 

Remove(Case, GalleryCases.Selected); Back()

 

Anyone have a clue why it just randomly stopped working?

 

12 REPLIES 12
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Remove function stopped working

Hi Adash,

 

To test this issue, I create an app based on the Common Data Service Case entity.


On the BrowseScreen1, add a Button control and set its OnSelect property as Remove(Case,BrowseGallery1.Selected).


Then when I select a record, then click the button, the selected record will be deleted.


It works as expected on my side.

 

What’s the current PowerApps version on your side? Please make sure you are using the latest PowerApps version.


Could you please try again with it to see if it is working now?

 

If you are still getting this issue, please feel free post back.

 


Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Remove function stopped working

I am using the web editor. 

 

The button does take be back to the BrowseGallery like it should because of the Back() function. 

 

But the case remaines there.  I've noticed that the edit is adding the bolded text to the formula.

 

Remove(Case, GalleryCases.Selected); If (IsEmpty(Errors(Case, GalleryCases.Selected)), Back())

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Remove function stopped working

Hi Adash,

 

Thanks for updating.

 

I test this function on the Web Browser, with the same function, seems that the function works as expected.
I can remove selected item and back to the Gallery.

3.PNG


Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Remove function stopped working

Is there another way to add a delete function?

 

I have no idea why this is not removing the Case.

irsimeonov
Level: Powered On

Re: Remove function stopped working

Hi Adash

 

The remove function in my app also stopped working across all 3 data sources that I am using (SharePoint lists). I think that has something to do with the latest powerapps update as I havent made any changes and itmwas working fine for weeks. I am also experiencing issues with not being able to edit records properly (the record is not ownedby thismdata source error) which i think Microsoft are trying to fix based on other threads. So give it some time 🙂

 

Do you also have issues with editing records?

mr-dang
Level 10

Re: Remove function stopped working

Remove is not entirely working for me either. For me, it's because if I have two instances of an app open and I update one, the other instance will not detect the change immediately to be removed. It's a special case though.

 

Try this to see if it is relevant to you:

  • make sure you're in the correct environment
  • make sure your account has delete access to the datasource

 

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom
irsimeonov
Level: Powered On

Re: Remove function stopped working

Thanks for the suggestion - I have delete access to all the sources as I update them on the backend. Nothing was changed in the app, it just stopped working properly giving the 'this record is not owned by the data source' error as well as inability to remove records. I figured out that if I don't do any filtering on the datasource (SP list), then Remove() works. However, this was not the case several days ago, again the forumla hasn 't changed. I even tried to open all the previous 20 version of the same app that don't have very simple functionality and it still the same result or lack of. I think Microsoft have done something with their newest roll out that screwed up something.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Remove function stopped working

I am able to edit cases perfectly fine. 

 

It's just like for you, the remove function worked perfectly for weeks and all a sudden it just stopped.  I chekced the permissions and it's all configured correctly.  

 

IDK what else to do

irsimeonov
Level: Powered On

Re: Remove function stopped working

Hi Adash

 

Magically Remove() started working again for me this morning - I hope it was fixed for you as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 356 members 6,479 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: