cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Renaming a PowerApp

Hi team,

Wanting some help in regards to changing the name of my App.

I accidentally named my app Refund, but we decided to change this name but how can I make that change on the Powerapps? Since everytime it loads it will always say "Loading ... Refund" where I want to change the name for it.

Is this possible? Also helpful to know that my app is connected to multiple lists but none of them are called Refund form anymore.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Renaming a PowerApp

You do not appear to have the permissions to change the name (or share or other functions). 

If you are supposed to, then I would check with your PowerApps admin person.

If you are the admin person, then you need to go into the PowerApps Admin Center and change your role settings.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Did you do the rename on the app?

You can do this from the Home screen of the PowerApps dashboard.  Click on the three dots (more commands) and choose Details.  

Then click on the Settings gear in the top.  Then you will see the app settings and one of your choices is to edit the App Name  (little edit pencil).

That should do it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

Did you mean that you cannot even get to this setting page?
Capture.JPG

You should be able to rename the app by selecting "..." > settings.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mona,

How and where do I find that page? 

On my list or the powerapps platform itself? 

Because for App settings this is what is shown:

2019_02_06_07_41_54_Refund_Forms_on_Information_Security_at_Spark_forms_PowerApps.png

Super User
Super User

You do not appear to have the permissions to change the name (or share or other functions). 

If you are supposed to, then I would check with your PowerApps admin person.

If you are the admin person, then you need to go into the PowerApps Admin Center and change your role settings.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible because I deleted the list that the app is connected to hence why I cannot do this?

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

If you built the app from SharePoint, then I would say that's a very good possibility. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,835)