cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david_castillo
Level: Powered On

Repeating Tables (Line Items) - "Column does not exist"

I am following this video of Shane Young to create repeating tables: https://youtu.be/xgznk4XlPCo

I am in that point where I was able to replicate the columns but added 3 more columns as this is an additional requirement. I am at this field where I'm doing the Patch function to save the data in my SharePoint list per column.

I put the Patch code on the OnSuccess function in the Form so that when the Form is submitted, my repeating table gets submitted as well and patched to my SharePoint column. Before I explain further, here is the list that I'm patching my repeating tables to:

http://uploads.technograffy.com/2K3F3o1R210u

As you can see, the columns are complete. On the OnSuccess field, this is my code:

ForAll(ExpenseCollection, Patch(ExpenseDB, Defaults(ExpenseDB), {Title: LineItem, Amount: LineCost, GLAcc: GLAccount, IOC: IOCode,Comments:Remarks, MasterID: Form2_1.LastSubmit.ID}))

Basically, I am patching the data to each specific SharePoint column present on my list. However, this is the error I'm having:

http://uploads.technograffy.com/3t2t1P0a3Y3c

It says the column does not exist. However, when I enter only 3 columns, it accepts the formula:

http://uploads.technograffy.com/1w1P2a3Z433t

I am puzzled and I don't know what to do about this. I would be needing this asap and I can't wrap my head around this problem. Smiley Sad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick72
Level 10

Re: Repeating Tables (Line Items) - "Column does not exist"

Hi @david_castillo,

Perhaps the internal names are different?

I normally check this within SharePoint or by adding a gallery and connecting it to the SharePoint list.

Robot Happy Rick

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Hi @david_castillo

After you added your 3 new columns, did you refresh your SharePoint data source? This is the option that you can find by clicking the '3 eclipese' button in the View>Data Sources menu.

david_castillo

Yes I did, @timl, but it still has the same errors and I don't know why. 😞 

Rick72
Level 10

Hi @david_castillo,

Perhaps the internal names are different?

I normally check this within SharePoint or by adding a gallery and connecting it to the SharePoint list.

Robot Happy Rick

View solution in original post

david_castillo

HI @Rick72

Would you mean the List Settings and then checking the columns as well? I haven't tried the Gallery thing but I'll check if it has a different name than my List Settings.

Thanks,

David

david_castillo

Hi @Rick72

Your gallery view solved it! I don't know why but even though I changed the column name and that has the same name at SharePoint, in PowerApps it has a different name, for example the column name is GLAcc, in PowerApps Gallery View, it's called GL_x0020_Account (which is GL Account, the original name of the column)

I find it weird that it didn't update to GLAcc, though, but thanks for the tip!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 318 members 5,906 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: