cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fly800
Level: Powered On

Replacing Excel Data Source in PowerApps

I currently have a two (2) Excel data sources.  Both are data dumps from another database of which I don't have connection access rights.  My plan is to save these excel data dumps in a OD folder and assign them the same tables as the initial data dumps (read-only). 

I have made a Powerapps using the excel data dump and works very well.  When I insert the new Data dumps, the connection is lost.  I've noticed in the original excel data connections there is a column __PowerAppsId__ for both excel data sources is assigned by Powerapps.  When I replaced both new up to data excel data dumps, there is no longer a __PowerAppsId__ column even after doing a Data connect Refresh in Powerapps.

How can I relink the two excel data source each time I replace the data dumps.

How are you able to refresh the excel data dumps to include the __PowerAppsId__.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Replacing Excel Data Source in PowerApps

Hi @Fly800 ,

I'm not sure what you mean by "data dumps". Can you please explain more detail about your app and what you want to achieve? You can explain with some sample data. 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Fly800
Level: Powered On

Hi Mona - What I meant by data dump is our corporate DBA performs two E1 ("Current Financial DB) query which is delivered in two (2) excel spreadsheets.  Our DBA at this time is not willing to provide us with a connection to E1 to Powerapps.  Until they feel comfortable, we compromised in using these data dumps in two excel sheets.  This data is for auditing and reporting purposes, so live data is not required at this time.  We will get these queries every week or so.  

Our business is to contract Construction projects for the Government.  The two excel sheets in the following data:

1. Project Data. i.e.  Contract #, Contractor, Date award, Award Amount, Operating Allowances,............
  2. Change Order.  Contract #, Change order Description, Change Order cost, approval, ..........

I link each other using the SortByColumns and filter formula using Contract # as the relationship ID.

The App is to provide our project Coordinators means to audit their projects (i.e Is there outstanding Change Orders, Funding available, ........).

I hope this helps in providing a bit of context of my issue.

Administrator
Administrator

Bumping to see if the community can assist. 

@TopShelf-MSFT 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 305 members 5,573 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: