cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simran-Kaur
Level: Powered On

Replicating Microsoft Forms results in PowerApps?

Hello,

I really like the Microsoft Forms results page and was wondering if there's anyway to create a similar readout from the PowerApp data? I know the simple answer is just to use Forms but its PowerApp that's preferable. 

For example, I created a monthly inspection PowerApp that users are required to complete and would like to capture the following:

1. Track the date, start time and completion time 
  2. Retain each record (currently, each time someone completes the form within PowerApp, the old record is overwritten)
  3. Have the questions in the header when capturing the PowerApp results in Excel (currently just says "Question 1, 2, etc.")
  4. Create visuals from data feeds (pie charts, bar graphs, etc.) 

Examples of Microsoft Forms results:

Form Example.PNG

And when you open in Excel, the Forms data appears like this:

Excel Capture.PNG

Current PowerApps data storage (doesn't include start/completion time)

PowerApp data example.PNG

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Replicating Microsoft Forms results in PowerApps?

Hi @Simran-Kaur,

About the 4 questions you mentioned, here are my answers:

1. You can capture the current time by using Now() function. For example, you let the users to click on a "Start" button to capture the start time and a "Finish" button for the completion time. 

Function reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/functions/function-now-today-istoday

2. If you want each user to add his own answers to the questions, he will need to add a new record, not edit the record others has created. Hence, click on the "+" button on the top, not edit the display form:

Capture.PNG

3. Generally, I think you need to change your Excel table header. Is should be similar to the one you opened from Form.

Capture.PNG

Let PowerApps auto-generated the app. And you only need to manage the Edit Screen. 

4. Please refer to below documentation:

Show data in a line, pie, or bar chart in PowerApps

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/use-line-pie-bar-chart

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Simran-Kaur
Level: Powered On

Re: Replicating Microsoft Forms results in PowerApps?

Thanks Mona! How do I collect the time functions now that I added them? I.e. how do I push the start/end times to the spreadsheet where I collect the results?

This is my current code on the start buttom and final "submit" button ( added it in the first line):

Start Button Code:

Text( Now(), "[$-en-US]mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss" ); Collect(Collection1, {Pressed: Button1.Pressed}); Navigate(BrowseScreen1_1, ScreenTransition.Fade)

Submit Button Code:

If(!IsBlank(LookUp(Responses,Username=User().FullName,Responses; Text( Now(), "[$-en-US]mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss" ))),UpdateIf(Responses,Username=User().FullName,{ResponseId:ResponseId,Answer1:Radio1_2.Selected.Value,Answer2:Radio1_1.Selected.Value, Answer3:Radio2.Selected.Value,Username:User().FullName}), UpdateContext({NewSurvey:Patch(Responses,Defaults(Responses), {ResponseId:Text(CountRows(Responses)+1), Answer1:Radio1_2.Selected.Value,Answer2:Radio1_1.Selected.Value, Answer3:Radio2.Selected.Value, Username:User().FullName})}));UpdateContext({error1_v:true}); Collect(Collection1, {Pressed: Button5.Pressed}); Navigate(Finished, ScreenTransition.Fade,{error2_v:false})

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,148)