cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
firebits
Level: Powered On

Request Leave template app does not create Excel Sheet in OneDrive for Business

I have been scratching my head with this for a few days now however I have now found why I cannot alter the data source, it isn't there!  When I make the app my own and select OneDrive for Business, I am not prompted to authorize the connection.  And although a connection is created when I check Apps using this connection no Apps are listed.

Is there a step I am missing or is something broken?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Request Leave template app does not create Excel Sheet in OneDrive for Business

I have noticed this behavior too.. 

@Mr-Dang-MSFT this is another instance of what I reported last week but on a different template.  The session ID for this one is 
Session ID: 608fbfe9-853e-4177-b34b-589f481b33cf
PowerApps 3.19043.16

@firebits what I found is that the first time I tried to make the app my own, it did not establish the connection and after returning from the save it took me to, the Make your own app button still appeared on the screen.  I repeated the entire process and the second time it DID create the connection. 

After first "Make your own app":     No connection has been built and yellow banner is still displayed...

A1.jpg

After second time clicking "Make your own app"...      Data source is now shown and yellow banner is gone.

A2.jpg

Hopefully this work around will work for you too while we await a permanent solution.  I have done it on two different apps successfully. I would throw away the one you have and start fresh to see if you see the same behavior.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Request Leave template app does not create Excel Sheet in OneDrive for Business

I have noticed this behavior too.. 

@Mr-Dang-MSFT this is another instance of what I reported last week but on a different template.  The session ID for this one is 
Session ID: 608fbfe9-853e-4177-b34b-589f481b33cf
PowerApps 3.19043.16

@firebits what I found is that the first time I tried to make the app my own, it did not establish the connection and after returning from the save it took me to, the Make your own app button still appeared on the screen.  I repeated the entire process and the second time it DID create the connection. 

After first "Make your own app":     No connection has been built and yellow banner is still displayed...

A1.jpg

After second time clicking "Make your own app"...      Data source is now shown and yellow banner is gone.

A2.jpg

Hopefully this work around will work for you too while we await a permanent solution.  I have done it on two different apps successfully. I would throw away the one you have and start fresh to see if you see the same behavior.

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

HI @firebits ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test, and the issue is confirmed on my side.

Actually, the Leave request you submitted through this template app is not stored within the Excel table in your OneDrive folder. Instead, the Leave request you submitted would be saved into the LeaveCollection collection within this app.

When the LeaveCollection initialized within the OnStart property of the App control:11.JPG

12.JPG

As an alternative solution, if you want to save the submitted Leave request into a Excel table stored in your OneDrive folder, you could consider custom your Excel table within your OneDrive folder, and the Excel table must contain the following columns:

Title
Detail
StartDate
EndDate
LeaveType
Approver
Status
Requester
LeaveID

then create a connection to this Excel table from your app. After that, within the OnStart property of the App control, modify the LeaveCollection intialize formula as bleow:

ClearCollect(
              LeaveTypeCollection,
              'Your Excel Table'
)

Within the Confirmation Screen, modify the Patch formula within the OnVisible property as below:

If(_submittingRequest,
Concurrent(
Set(_navMenuSelect, ""),
Patch(
'Your Excel Table', If(_editingRequest, LookUp(LeaveCollection, LeaveID = GalleryRequests.Selected.LeaveID), Defaults('Your Excel Table')), /* <-- Modify here. Please LeaveCollection with your Excel table data source */ { Title: TextInput1.Text, Detail: TextInput1_1.Text, StartDate: LeaveStartDatePicker.SelectedDate, EndDate: LeaveEndDatePicker.SelectedDate, LeaveType: _selectedLeaveType.type, Approver: _selectedApprover.UserPrincipalName, Status: "Pending", Requester: _myProfile.UserPrincipalName, LeaveID: If(_editingRequest, GalleryRequests.Selected.LeaveID, Text(Now(), DateTimeFormat.LongDateTime24) & _myProfile.UserPrincipalName) } ),
ClearCollect(LeaveTypeCollection, 'Your Excel Table') /* <-- Add formula here */

Please take a try with the above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
firebits
Level: Powered On

Thanks everyone however, I decided to do a Sharepoint list and Flow instead.  I have no PowerApp knowledge and enormously little Sharepoint or Flow experience, but I have managed to cobble something together thats kinda working:  Request to Manager - approve/reject - Email Notification - Workout Work Days required deducting weekends - Update Spreadsheet - Pivot table showing Annual Leave Days used/remaining - Add to calendar.  

If anyone knows how to show Days used/remaining in the users Sharepoint List view, that would be awesome.  But I guess thats for a different forum 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (7,154)