cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dhock
Level: Powered On

Request Operation is Invalid. The $top expression "Infinity" is not valid

Although there is an earlier thread on this topic that is marked as resolved, this issue is not resolved for many of us, as creating an entry in the list so that there is at least one did not make the error go away. I have a screen with 3 galleries, each connected to a different SharePoint list from the same site. Depending on who is accessing the app (comparing Lower(User().Email) to a collection of emails), I am filtering the list to display only the most recent 50 entries in the gallery, or only the most recent 50 created by that user. I'm using the same filter on each gallery (though obviously for the corresponding list). When accessing as someone who is allowed (just within the app, no special permissions in SharePoint) to see all of the most recent 50 entries, the error does not come up. But if I access as one of the people whose email is in the collection, I get an error when I click on an item in either of 2 galleries but not in the 3rd gallery. I also get an error when just going to a new form (no item selected) for those two lists from buttons. All the related lists have entries. Of the two that throw the error, one has an item created by that user and the other doesn't (so one gallery has one item and the other doesn't).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
leyburn19
Level 10

Re: Request Operation is Invalid. The $top expression "Infinity" is not valid

Yes I think is already done.  It will not away though until yu do a slight edit,  save and republish

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
QPC

I have same problem.. It's a bug..

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @dhock ,

Could you please share more details about the Filter you used within your Gallery control?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Have you taken a try to save your SP List records into a Collection, and use the Collection as data source within your app?

On your side, please consider save your SP List records into a Collection, then use the Collection as data source in your app instead of the Original SP List data source.

Set the OnStart property of the App control to following:

ClearCollect(RecordsCollection, 'YourSPList')

then set the Items property of the Gallery to following:

RecordsCollection

If the issue still exists, please consider remove the SP list connection from your app, then re-create a new one from your app, then try above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Please also consider submit an assisted support ticket for further help through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
bemvilac_brito

@v-xida-msft 

This is a workaround. What we need is a definitive solution: I need, for example, that my list (on SP side) stay with no records in a certain time. 

leyburn19
Level 10

I get the error.  It is random,  but does not seem to cause any issue.  I get it on a large data source of 40,000 plus where I do the collection but sort Decending because of Delgation issues.  I also increase the delegations in the settings to 2000.  maybe the issue relates to Descending and Increase

leyburn19
Level 10

OK,  I get the error all the time now,  but not when I open in Edit.  I successfuly got rid the delegation issues and the sort but it still returns the error.  It does seem to be related a recent update if there was one (maybe on the Server side).  I am using a SharePoint List

leyburn19
Level 10

As I now have no delegation issues,  I removed the limit an dput it back to 500.  Error gone,  so I assume it is occuring in whatever process is used to extract teh extra 1500 from the server

viewfile

Hi,

If it helps get to the cause of the bug, I can consistently replicate the error with all SharePoint lists. Here are a few steps using a new SharePoint list that shows the error:

1. Create a new SharePoint list
  2. In PowerApps, create a new SharePoint Canvas app connected to the new list
  3. BrowseScreen1 > BrowseGallery1 > Items is initially:

SortByColumns(Filter(PowerAppsTest, StartsWith(Title, TextSearchBox1.Text)), "Title", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

You don't get the error when it is set like this.  However, simply change this to:

SortByColumns(Filter(PowerAppsTest, TextSearchBox1.Text in Title), "Title", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

1. Save the app
  2. Open the app
  3. Select the Create an item “+” icon

The error appears:

Error message.PNG

leyburn19
Level 10

I think the issue is based on increase the delegation limit in App setting and non delagble query triggers it. 

Your second filter is non delegable.  It was OK a week ago,  but I think the word infinity tell me the limit is  not being applied

bemvilac_brito

@viewfile  yep! Same in here. Is weird MS Team doesnt able to replicate this error. I mean, it is pop up everywhere! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 93 members 4,897 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: