cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ppei
Level 8

Require to fill out all form fields before saving a SharePoint Custom form

I have a SharePoint custom form. I'd like our users to fill out all the information before saving the form, but I could not see the option to do it because the Save button is not in the form. Anybody have any ideas how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Pei Pei

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ppei
Level 8

Re: Require to fill out all form fields before saving a SharePoint Custom form

Thank you for your reply. Yes. That's an option but it will not work in my form. Sorry. I didn't make it clear what kind of form I am working on. My form has three parts. Each part has to be filled out by the assoicated party. So I cannot make all the fields are required field. If I do, the first party will have to fill out everything. The form is a new employee orientation checklist. It works this way - first part, HR fills out the information (employee name and supervisor name); second part, supervisor fills the second part (checklist) and sign the form; third part, emplyee signs the form.

I appreciate your help.

Pei Pei

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Hi @ppei

You should be able to set the 'required' setting for each of the columns within Sharepoint - the App will be able to detect this natively and will not allow the user to submit without filling in all of the required fields.

Thanks,

@iAm_ManCat

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!
ppei
Level 8

Thank you for your reply. Yes. That's an option but it will not work in my form. Sorry. I didn't make it clear what kind of form I am working on. My form has three parts. Each part has to be filled out by the assoicated party. So I cannot make all the fields are required field. If I do, the first party will have to fill out everything. The form is a new employee orientation checklist. It works this way - first part, HR fills out the information (employee name and supervisor name); second part, supervisor fills the second part (checklist) and sign the form; third part, emplyee signs the form.

I appreciate your help.

Pei Pei

View solution in original post

ppei
Level 8

I have found a workaround for this issue. The PowerApps datacard has a Required property. I set conditional formatting for ths property so that it'll become a required control only after certain fields have been filled out in the first or second part of my form.

If anyone has any other ideas, I would like to try.

Pei Pei

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,433)