cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmeth-editas
Level: Powered On

Required Fields

I have a multi-stage PowerApp.  This means that several people open the form in sequence and each person sees something different.

Person 1 Sees 10 fields and two of these are required fields.  I have implemneted this as Form_1 and the two fields work perfectly on this form.  If the user tires to submit the form, but they are blank, then the form responds well by showing red highjlighted outlines around the empty fields.

Person 2 sees 8 fields and one of the fields is required.   I have implemented this as Form_2.  This form does not work as well as From_1.  If the user leaves the required field blank, the form does allow the user to submit it.  The next time the form is opned the blank required field is highlighted in red.  I would expect this to happen when Person 2 tried to submit the form.

Can you advise me?

1 REPLY 1
PowerApps Staff Mr-Dang-MSFT
PowerApps Staff

Re: Required Fields

Clarification:

• Form_1 has required fields and if the user attempts to submit, the app will stop them
  • Form_2 also has required fields, but the app does not stop them if a field is blank.

Can you confirm that the field and data card's Required property are indeed required (true)?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,130)