cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Microsoft Employee

Required property "type" is not present or not a string at JSON path definitions.ExecutionRequest

Hello,

I'm trying to create a personnalized API but for the swagger definition I encounter a problem.

My swagger definition is one made by Azure ML.

But when I try to upload, I get this error : 

Required property "type" is not present or not a string at JSON path definitions.ExecutionRequest

And it also says there was an error when converting the Swagger file into a WADL file and that the API may not work with the applications.

Is it not possible to use an API from Azure ML in Power Apps ?

Thank you in advance.

10 REPLIES 10
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Required property "type" is not present or not a string at JSON path definitions.Execu

Hi Robby,

If the API you used here is RESTful API, then it should work with PowerApp.

Please take a look at the article below, refering to the "Getting help with Swagger files" part:

Register Custom APIs in PowerApps

To customize your Swagger document to work with PowerApps, see Customize your Swagger definition.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Microsoft Employee

Re: Required property "type" is not present or not a string at JSON path definitions.Execu

Hello Michael,

Thanks for your help. I've already read all these before.

This is what I did. When I tried on http://editor.swagger.io/#/ my swagger file from Azure ML, it said : "Processed with no error".

But when I try to insert it in the Power App new personalized API, it doesn't work, and show the same error as above.

So I think I have the right Swagger file but for some reason, Power App refuses to take it...

Do you have any solution ?

Microsoft Employee

Hello,

Sorry for the double post,

I'm still trying to find a solution to this problem. Apparently PowerApps has troubles to convert the swagger file in .json into a WALD file. So is the problem solvable ? By for example modifying a few lines from the Swagger file ?

Robby

Highlighted
CheapB
Level: Powered On

I have exactly the same issue. A clean Swagger json directly from Azure ML cannot be loaded into a PowerApps connection and there is very little info to go by to try to maually correct the json. It is unclear if the issue is on the Azure ML side or the PowerApps

Microsoft Employee

Thank you for your statement. So for now there is no solution to the problem it seems..

Meneghino
Level 10

Hi all.  I am a bit of a newby in Swagger for PowerApps but have managed to solve a few issues when creating custom APIs.

The issues for me were more often in the Responses section of the json file. For example editor.swagger.io accepted the response type "integer" without needing to define the ''format" as well, whereas PowerApps will additionally require a "format" in the case of type "integer", but not in case of type "string". (I found this out by trial and error).

Do you want to share your Swagger json file to see if any of us spot any issues?

Microsoft Employee

Hello, thank you for your reply.

Can I PM you ? I don't really have knowledge on Swagger.

Meneghino
Level 10

Sure

CheapB
Level: Powered On

Meneghino, did you get a swagger.json from Azure ML to work or was it another custom API?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,651)