cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SonjaK
Level: Powered On

Reset/delete of Peoplepicker entry is not saved in the SP-List, other field updates are

Hi,

I have a SP List as source, and an app with an Edit Form.

The people picker is "empty" in the form, if I enter a person it gets saved into the SP-List.

If I remove the entry it is not beeing deleted in the SP-List.

!Other fields in the same form and list gets updated, also if I delete textbox fields, content gets updated/deleted - only with that people picker it is not working!

Hope you have an advice,

Thanks,

Sonja

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JWB

Re: Reset/delete of Peoplepicker entry is not saved in the SP-List, other field updates are

Attached is an updated HTTP FLow. There is a minor syntax error on the original. I also added the method for passing parameters to the Body of the request.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Reset/delete of Peoplepicker entry is not saved in the SP-List, other field updates are

Hi,

It should be a known issue.

See this thread.

and the following idea:

Allow us to update a numeric field to null/blank value

I will confirm the current status and pot back if I got any response.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Juvi

Hi, 

I'm encountering the same issue. The links you provided are of different issue. I have a people picker field, if I select a value and save it, it updates in the SP. If I remove the value in the people picker field and submit the form it doesn't update the value in the sharepoint. 

Thanks in advance! 

JWB

I am having the same issue with PowerApps People picker.  May also be applicable to any lookup / choice field.  Even when not a required field, it cannot be blanked out.  

Anyone have an update on this?

Highlighted
JWB

LookupX.pngThe "X" in a non-required lookup should clear the field. It works in SPO - But not Powerapps.When will this be fixed - it is a major issue where we need to clear lookup SPO fields to null but cannot. It appears to clear in the PowerApp displayed form.  But is not saved to the server.  Recalling the record shows the prior value remains. 

When edititing the same item in SPO Datasheet view, the item is saved and the field(s) cleared. So this is not an SPO issue, its a PA issue.

TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Adding @KeremY to assisit with this.

@TopShelf-MSFT

JWB

There is an MS Flow work-around for this issue. And it may also help point the PowerApps team to the issue with the form control.  If you are conversant with MS Flow then this Flow will tell you 90% of what you need to know:

FLowIn this particular app, the people picker form field is titled "User_x0020_Name" - or 'User Name' to you humans. The secret to clearing the field in SPO is NOT to clear the column name, but the lookup ID.  So we clear 'User_x0020_NameId' and 'User_x0020_NameStringId". 

This work-around should probably be located on the Flow community, but it is addressing a problem that is specifically a PowerApps form issue.  Feel free to move / link as necessary.

TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Thanks for your help with this thread @JWB! Adding in @Chakkaradeep to review and assist. 

@TopShelf-MSFT

JWB

Attached is an updated HTTP FLow. There is a minor syntax error on the original. I also added the method for passing parameters to the Body of the request.

View solution in original post

Howley

Hi JWB,

I'm trying to implement your flow. I have two problems:

1. I can't add the second dynamic content (SendanHTTPrequesttoSharePoint_Body)

2. In PowerApps, when I invoke the flow, it's asking me to 'complete the input...

'PowerApp->SendanHTTPrequesttoSharePoint,RespondtoPowerApps'.Run(

But what goes after run??

I want to run the flow inside a button onselect along with some other things. What do I need to put in there?

Thanks in advance,

Luke

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,719)