cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
holck
Level: Power Up

Resource could not be found

As a first attempt, I have created a small PowerApp and shared it with a few colleagues. As data source the PowerApp uses an Excel-file, placed on my OneDrive. I have shared the Excel-file with the same colleagues, giving them both read- and write-access without login.

For me, the PowerApp works well, but when my colleagues open it, they only see the screen - no data. The error message is shown below. "Tabel1" is the name of the table in the Excel-file.

Any help and suggestions appreciated!

Jesper Holck

Screenshot_20161028-122714.pngScreen dump

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Resource could not be found

Hi Holck,

May I suggest you save the Excel file in a Dropbox then create an App based on the connection with Dropbox for a test?

If you still get the same error message, please feel free reply. Please let me know if this works for you.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Rfla
Level 10

TDR
Level: Powered On

I am getting the same thing. It would appear the current release of PowerApps is having a little trouble with accessing shared documents within OneDrive for Business where the user is not the author. I have switched the connections to static to confirm that this is the case which works a treat. Is this a current issue?

Superman

Hi, did you find a soultion for this issue.  I am finding the same issue with one drive for business.  All share setting look correct

wmews

I have the same problem.  It's really frustrating....I can see it fine on my phone but no one else sees any data.

Superman

Hi wmews

When you create the XL file(s), make sure you share it with your users from XL itself. 

Dont be logical and think that you can do it all files with one share at the folder level, that would be too easy

Then reconnect your datasources to your powerapp

I was stuck on this for ages until I had this pointed out to me.

Also be aware if you are save images, the images will go to the root folder of the users OneDrive for Business.

I hope this helps

BoonYar_Aeris

Hi all

Read all your posts and wondering if anyone of you encounter this.

I have similar resource related error but is saying resource locked and is intermittent. Seems to me like the file is not released properly whenever an update is done. Example I invoke an action that does update to Excel on OneDrive as the data source then followed by another action to update again. Seems like I get this resource error locked when updates are done. When I check back in the excel file seems like it sometimes update and sometimes will not when such error occurs.

Any help or direction will be appreciated.

Thanks
Boon Yar

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,272)