cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maggie
Level: Powered On

Respond to PowerApps - Potential Bug

Hello PowerApps Community,

I've been using a flow that is triggered by PowerApps button and wanted to put some error handling on it so users know if it ran successfully or not.

First, I noticed that trying to name the "Respond to PowerApps" action variable (of any type of response) will close all of the previous actions making it extreamly hard to type in. Then, if I save, close, and re-open the flow it doesn't save the variable name I typed in, it just defaults it to "number", "boolean", etc. I can't tell if this is a bug. Is anyone else experiencing this? It's happening on multiple different Office 365 tenants of mine. 

Second, when I get the flow added to a PowerApps button by follow these instructions, my flow runs successfully, but the PowerApp isn't getting the value that the flow says it passed back. 

Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 1.10.58 PM.png

I've done this previously, so I know that there's a way to do this. Any thoughts or insights? Is anyone having difficulty with this?

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Respond to PowerApps - Potential Bug

I just did this with an app yesterday and didn't have any of the issues you are describing.  AS you can see from the following screenshot I have multiple actions openand am currently editing the dynamic data for the return value.  This is an App and Flow I built over the weekend.  I have seen the issue with getting the return value to register if I build the Flow and then add the return value later.  In those cases I remove the Flow from the PowerApp and re-add it and it works.  I'm not sure why its happening to you.  You might want to open a service ticket since it seems to be a local issue.

screenshot.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
NitinChhajer

I am also facing the second issue, the flow shows that it has responded, but within PowerApps all I receive is blank values. I tried boolean and number fields.

This is happening in one of the emea environments. My other environment with existing flows responding to PowerApps are working fine.

I tried responding with Text fields and that is working fine, I am just using this as a workaround for now.

Highlighted
DennisKuhn1

Hi,

I can confirm the issue. I did the entire clear cache, rebuild flow, rebuild app, ... without success. When I used @NitinChhajer  workaround by adding a text response field with the same value, I received a response (ID is the Output of a SharePoint Create Folder action):

Respond To PowerApps.png

PowerApps response.png

Blank response.png

@Pstork1is this the right place to lodge a bug report?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,856)