cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redleo85
Level: Powered On

Restrict access of users with trial licenses to default environment

Hi,

according to this part of the Microsoft documentation it is not possible for a company to restrict users' access to PowerApp P2 Trial licenses. All users can simply sign up for a free trial by themselves. As far as I know all users of a tenant are members of the tenant's default environment.

Questions:

If a user signs up for a trial license, will he or she be part of the companies default environment?

Is there any way to restrict users' access to PowerApps?

Regards,

Leo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Restrict access of users with trial licenses to default environment

If a user signs up for a trial license they will have access to your tenant's default environment. But there is a report you can run in the PowerApps Admin center that will show all the user's and the PowerApps licenses that they have, including whether they have signed up for a trial.  You can also use the audit log search in the Security and Compliance center to setup an alert that will email you when someone signs up for a trial. There is currently no way to block licensed users from access to your PowerApps default environment.

You can use Azure Active Directory to disable the ability of anyone in your environment from signing up for a trial license.  But this will apply to all trial licenses, not just PowerApps.  Here's an article on how to disable the ability to sign-up for trial licenses.

https://syscloudpro.com/2018/03/31/avoid-users-from-signing-up-for-office-365-services-trials/ 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Restrict access of users with trial licenses to default environment

If a user signs up for a trial license they will have access to your tenant's default environment. But there is a report you can run in the PowerApps Admin center that will show all the user's and the PowerApps licenses that they have, including whether they have signed up for a trial.  You can also use the audit log search in the Security and Compliance center to setup an alert that will email you when someone signs up for a trial. There is currently no way to block licensed users from access to your PowerApps default environment.

You can use Azure Active Directory to disable the ability of anyone in your environment from signing up for a trial license.  But this will apply to all trial licenses, not just PowerApps.  Here's an article on how to disable the ability to sign-up for trial licenses.

https://syscloudpro.com/2018/03/31/avoid-users-from-signing-up-for-office-365-services-trials/ 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,927)