cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hoho0482
Level: Powered On

Retain value of Drop Down from SharePoint list on submit or reset of form

Hello,

There are several similar posts, but I can't make any posted solution work. Clearly missing something simple - or getting thick in old age.

I have a drop down on a form called DataCardValue4. This pulls values from a SP list '28/08/19 Barcode Scanner' and the column called Location which is defined as type Choice.

The simple little app is to scan a ticket and then write the scanned ticket number into the SP list along with the date/time and selected location. This all works. My only issue is that the Location drop down clears itself when I submit the form. I've tried various workarounds, to capture the Selected.Value of the dropdown pre submit and reset it afterwards. However, I'm not able to reset it to the previous value.

Is there a definitive way to achieve this?

Thanks,

Bob.

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Retain value of Drop Down from SharePoint list on submit or reset of form

Hi @Hoho0482 

Which mode is your form in?

have you customized data card for dropdown?

If after form submit you just need the value, use FormName.LastSubmit.ColumnName.Value to retrieve the data posted

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hoho0482
Level: Powered On

Re: Retain value of Drop Down from SharePoint list on submit or reset of form

Hello.

The form is in New mode. This app has no need to edit the submitted values in the app and thus only new mode is used.

Do you have anything in particular you mean when you say "have you customized data card for dropdown"?

The app works perfectly, except after submit, I want the last provided value in the drop down to be retained. It represents the location of the user and in the vast majority of cases, will not change once the app is in use for the day.

I can get the Selected.Value of the drop down pre and post submit, I simply can't figure out how to set the now emptry drop down to the previous value.

Many Thanks again.

Bob.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 206 members 5,513 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: