Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerApps Staff Mr-Dang-MSFT
PowerApps Staff

Re: Rich Text Height and Width Properties

@JonathanGibbs wrote:

@Mr-Dang-MSFT 

I really like this feature, since it means apps can always fill the screen, as long as you are careful about calculated values for X/Y/H/W. All the common controls behave nicely in this configuration, but RTE is an exception.

I want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly. Are you trying to make a responsive app where the RTE and controls resize as the window resizes? If so, I can help to guide you. If I'm misunderstanding you, can you provide a sketch or screenshot of what you want to happen? 

See below for example:

A60FC9E4-8128-4E80-BA22-9ADDBABCC28D.GIF

JonathanGibbs
Level: Powered On

@Mr-Dang-MSFTYes that's it exactly. Layout of controls on the screen is dynamic, so screen looks good (within reason) regardless of window size and aspect ratio.

I can set position and size of all regular controls to variables that depend on current screen width and height, EXCEPT for Rich Text Control.

Highlighted
PowerApps Staff Mr-Dang-MSFT
PowerApps Staff

@JonathanGibbs , can you share an app that has the kinds of formulas you're using? I want to see how you're referencing the variable.

Attached is the test app I made that includes how I set up the app to be responsive.

I'd walk through more, but the docs for making a responsive app are very thorough already:

https://docs.microsoft.com/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/create-responsive-layout

Please see sections on settings including switching scale to fit off, lock aspect ratio off.

View solution in original post

JonathanGibbs
Level: Powered On

Thank you @Mr-Dang-MSFT  I think that's solved the problem. Your test app had Scale to Fit Off, Lock aspect ratio Off, Lock Orientation On, whereas I have been using Scale to Fit On, Lock aspect ratio Off, Lock Orientation On. When using formulas for X/Y/H/W, controls other than Rich Text Editor appear to resize correctly whether Scale to Fit is On or Off; Rich Text Editor, however, MUST have Scale to Fit Off in order to resize correctly.

This is a huge relief!

thank you very much for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,426)