cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jstokes
Level: Powered On

Room Booking App Template

Hello,

I am going around in circles and can't find what I need so I hope someone can help.

I have set up the Room Booking app to book out laptop trolleys. I work in a school and we do lessons on the hour- so how do I change the drop down menu for the time of the booking to 10min intervals? I don't understand where it is pulling the data from.

I am self taught and probably very inexperienced with this.

Any help would be great.

Thank you

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
PowerAddict
Level 8

Re: Room Booking App Template

Hi @jstokes 

In the OnStart property of the App, you need to update the Times collection: Times.png

Change it in the following way (remember to change the times in 10 minute increments and update the seconds accordingly as shown below): 

ClearCollect(
Times, {Text: "12:00 am", Minutes: 0}, {Text: "12:10 am", Minutes: 10}, {Text: "12:20 am", Minutes: 20}, {Text: "12:30 am", Minutes: 30}, {Text: "12:40 am", Minutes: 40}, {Text: "12:50 am", Minutes: 50}, {Text: "1:00 am", Minutes: 60}.............................

If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)

View solution in original post

PowerAddict
Level 8

On the left navigation, where it says "App", click on the 3 dots (***) next to it and click on "Run App OnStart". That should run these formulae and populate your collection. Also, you can go to View->Collections to see if there are any values right now in the Times collection.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)

10 REPLIES 10
PowerAddict
Level 8

Can you please clarify which template app are you using? I didn't find a room booking template app so wasn't sure if I am missing something. Or if you can share an image of the drop down, I can help you change the interval. 

Thanks!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jstokes ,

Did you mean that you want to add a 10 minutes Duration in below screen?

Capture.JPG

If so, then please add a {Time:"10 min",Minutes:10} in the Duration collection creation formula, which is the OnStart property of the App:

T1.JPG

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jstokes

Hello, 

Thank you for replying.

I want to keep the duration however I want to be able to choose the start time and end time in 10mins intervals:

i.e. book a room at 9.10, or 10.20 but I can only choose 9:00, 9:30, 10:00

jstokes

The following is the app:

1.png

The drop down menu I wish to change is in this section:

2.png

Thank you very much for your help

PowerAddict
Level 8

Hi @jstokes 

In the OnStart property of the App, you need to update the Times collection: Times.png

Change it in the following way (remember to change the times in 10 minute increments and update the seconds accordingly as shown below): 

ClearCollect(
Times, {Text: "12:00 am", Minutes: 0}, {Text: "12:10 am", Minutes: 10}, {Text: "12:20 am", Minutes: 20}, {Text: "12:30 am", Minutes: 30}, {Text: "12:40 am", Minutes: 40}, {Text: "12:50 am", Minutes: 50}, {Text: "1:00 am", Minutes: 60}.............................

Hardit(Haman)

jstokes

Ah, I have been looking at this.

Does it have to start at 12.00am or can I start it from 8 till 4?

Thank you for your help/

PowerAddict
Level 8

Hi @jstokes 

You can reduce the range to whatever you want. For example, if I only want 8-8.30, then my values will look like this: 

ClearCollect(Times, {Text: "8:00 am", Minutes: 480}, {Text: "8:10 am", Minutes: 490}, {Text: "8:20 am", Minutes: 500}, {Text: "8:30 am", Minutes: 510}),

Times.png

Hardit(Haman)

jstokes

Sorry me again.

So i have reduced my range as a test:

P3.png

However now in the drop down menu I can't pick times at all- they're red and blank. ??

P5.png

PowerAddict
Level 8

On the left navigation, where it says "App", click on the 3 dots (***) next to it and click on "Run App OnStart". That should run these formulae and populate your collection. Also, you can go to View->Collections to see if there are any values right now in the Times collection.

---

Hardit(Haman)

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 140 members 5,394 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: