cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
migueldctech
Level: Powered On

Rule Creation

Hello everyone

I need to create a rule to change the font and the color of the warranty field in my inventory app, I have a datefield with the expression, Text( DateAdd( Now(), -90 ), "[$-en-US]mm/dd/yyyy" ), and if the warranty field(Datacardvalue61) is < or > to change its color, any ideas?

Thanks

Miguel

Capture1.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
migueldctech

Re: Rule Creation

Found the issue, here is the correct formula,  If('Warranty End Date'>=Today()-90,Black,Red)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

The Rules functionality has been deprecated meaning it is going away very soon.  You need to move this logic into your properties instead.  

In the Font property, you will use an If(condition, what to do if true, what to do if false).  In your case, you will want to update the Color property which is what controls the font color and you'll want to do that with an If based on a condition in your warranty field.  It will be very similar to this example where I am comparing a date against today to see if the date is past and then setting the color of the field if today is greater than the date in the field.  The first part (RYGStatus.Value = "Completed" || RYGStatus.Value = "Closed" || RYGStatus.Value = "On Hold") sets the color to black if the date no longer matters.  The second part (CurrentPlanDate >= Today()) does the date check to see if there is still time left to finish the task.  If it is true, it makes the font black.  If it is false, it makes the font red.  

D2.png

migueldctech

Thank you 

migueldctech

Found the issue, here is the correct formula,  If('Warranty End Date'>=Today()-90,Black,Red)

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,012)