cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bberan42
Level: Powered On

SP Dropdown no longer working for edit form

I have been working on a Tablet app for the past month. It seems that a recent update has caused my drop down not to pull in the default SP value when we are using an edit form for a selected item "EditForm(OppForm)". All the other fields get populated. I'm using all OOTB fields and have not modified the PowerApps Cards for the form. I also tried removing the card then refreshing the connection then readding the dropdowncard.

For background, the name of my form is "OppForm".

Why I believe it is a bug is because when I create a new form "NewForm(OppForm)" and then back out of the form "ResetForm(OppForm)" and then when I go to edit an item "EditForm(OppForm)" it works perfectly and the drop down is populated on the edit for any item. 

Knowing this workaround I created a command on my edit button to simulate what happens to see if that fixes the issue: NewForm(OppForm);ResetForm(OppForm);EditForm(OppForm). Unfortunately this did not bring my dropdown value through. This DID allows me to exit out of the edit form and when I went back into the edit form it worked.

Knowing this, I created a "Refresh" icon on the following command NewForm(OppForm);ResetForm(OppForm);EditForm(OppForm) this fixed the issue and the dropdown value displayed when the "refresh" icon was selected. The problem was that I'm also using this form for new items so I couldn't have someone click the refresh button because it would not make the form a "NewForm" any more.

I then created a work around where when I create a NewForm(OppForm) it sets a variable to 1  "VarOppForm=1". Then if someone goes into my OppForm to edit, I have the command below to run on visable If(VarOppForm=1,false,NewForm(OppForm);ResetForm(OppForm);EditForm(OppForm);VarOppForm=1)

This works, but I would like to not have crazy logic to have a basic drop down. Not sure if anyone else has encountered issues with dropdowns but it seemed to happen to me about 2 weeks ago.

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SP Dropdown no longer working for edit form

Hi bberan42,

What’s the PowerApps version on your tablet? And what’s the OS version of your tablet?

With the RestForm function, are you trying to refresh the data source?

About the Refresh icon, how could you set the code “NewForm(OppForm);ResetForm(OppForm);EditForm(OppForm)” on a single button?

If possible, please send some screenshots for your app configuration for better understanding.

I also tried to reproduce this issue on my side. By creating an app based on SharePoint list which has dropdown columns. The dropdown fields are working fine on my side.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 174 members 5,664 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: