cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jberinger1
Level: Powered On

SP list attachment won't open in IOS mobile app

SP list attachments added in SP and mobile PowerApps do not open in the mobile (ios) app. Same items do open in SP and browser PowerApp. Seleting the item in the mobile app brings up Apple's menu to copy to another location, another app or to print - no open to open or view.

Is there a way to open list attachments, or is this a bug in the mobile app?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jberinger1

Re: SP list attachment won't open in IOS mobile app

I've now found and successfully implemented a solution via other posts and helpful videos on this topic...

for my app, selection of a SP List Item on a Browse screen navigates to a Detail screen...

- on the Detail screen, establish a Collection of the Attachment properties for the selected list Item

(I choose a collection name of viewattachments for this app)

set OnVisible action to ClearCollect(viewattachments,BrowseGallery1.Selected.'{Attachments}')

set OnHidden action to Clear(viewattachments)

- on the Detail screen, inserted a Gallery control with Data Source = to the attachment collection name

include a Label with Text = ThisItem.DisplayName

- set OnSelect action of the Gallery = Launch(viewAttach.Selected.AbsoluteUri)...

(viewAttach is the name I selected for the Gallery control).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
v-siky-msft
Level 10

Hi @jberinger1

Do you mean the attachment can not be viewed in mobile PowerApps?

That is not a bug. When we select the attachment in the form, the attachment would be downloaded to your device, both mobile and brower PowerApps are.  Also, I'm afarid there is no way to view the attachments directly in mobile powerapps.

You can choose to save image or save to files in Apple menu, and the attachment will be store in your phone, you can be easy to view it. 

Best regards,

Sik

jberinger1

Thank you very much for your reply.

This multiple step process to open/view an attachment will not work for our use case. (including MDM/company policy for saving company documents to mobile devices and an unacceptable user experience.)

I'd be gratefult if anyone has a work around similar to how PowerApps functions to open/view a SharePoint library stored document directly within another app (Excel, Word, img/pdf viewer)

jberinger1

I've now found and successfully implemented a solution via other posts and helpful videos on this topic...

for my app, selection of a SP List Item on a Browse screen navigates to a Detail screen...

- on the Detail screen, establish a Collection of the Attachment properties for the selected list Item

(I choose a collection name of viewattachments for this app)

set OnVisible action to ClearCollect(viewattachments,BrowseGallery1.Selected.'{Attachments}')

set OnHidden action to Clear(viewattachments)

- on the Detail screen, inserted a Gallery control with Data Source = to the attachment collection name

include a Label with Text = ThisItem.DisplayName

- set OnSelect action of the Gallery = Launch(viewAttach.Selected.AbsoluteUri)...

(viewAttach is the name I selected for the Gallery control).

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,030)