cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
v-sttaub
Level: Powered On

SP lists are not updating/refereshing.

I've got a Powerapps that is using Sharepoint Lists.

Until recently i could refrresh the lists in my poweapps site, by opening up the data menu choice, and refreshing each data source.  

now it keeps failing when I click the "Refresh data" button, and keeps showing me "Try again".

I can send and retrieve data through the app, but this is preventing me from making changes to the lists and refreshing my powerapp.

Can someone advise?

Refresh2.png

Here's the screen print

8 REPLIES 8
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SP lists are not updating/refereshing.

If the Network connection is OK, then please verify the connection string, specially when you have your Password updated for your Account.

Another thing is to verify the permission set under SharePoint site, contact with your SharePoint site Admin to check if your access permission has been updated or changed.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-sttaub

What connection string re you refering to in powrapps?  No change to my password and many people running into the same problem.  

And I'm the owner of the list with read/write access.  I have full access to the list and I'm betting the other users do to.

@v-micsh-msft wrote:

If the Network connection is OK, then please verify the connection string, specially when you have your Password updated for your Account.

Another thing is to verify the permission set under SharePoint site, contact with your SharePoint site Admin to check if your access permission has been updated or changed.

Regards,

Michael

v-sttaub

Many people are encountering this error.  

stick97

@v-micsh-msft wrote:

Regards,

Michael

@v-micsh-msft, please see this thread. There are many replies with people having this issue.

v-sttaub

Hi. Thank for responding.  

1) I'm not sure what you mean by connection string. In Powerapps, don't you choose the datasource and connect? I'm not sure where the connection strings comes into play

2) Regarding SP, I have full access to the site, and I have read write access to the data sources and SP List. The problem I'm running into is that I can make any change to the list, try to refresh the PowerApps, and the list isn't being refreshed.within Powerapps. as a result, physical changes of the SP List are not being refreshed into PowerApps.

Can easily demonstrate this issue.

@stick97 wrote:

@v-micsh-msft wrote:

Regards,

Michael

@v-micsh-msft, please see this thread. There are many replies with people having this issue.

Refresh3.PNG

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi all,

The current status:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Connecting-to-Data/Data-Source-Unable-to-refresh-Try-again/td-p/...

Quoted from Staff  CWesener:

"

Thank you all for your patience, we have identified a fix and are in the process of testing and releasing it to environments - I will update this thread once it is avaiable in production.

"

Regards,

Michael

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-sttaub

Hi, did you fix it? I just did what looks like a successfull refresh.  I haven't changed my datasource but the datasource in powerapps seems to have refreshed without error?

Did you implement a fix?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

A fix has been published for this issue, please check the detailed messge under the Support page:

"

Resolved: Users were unable to refresh data sources in PowerApps Studio. We have addressed the root cause and the issue is now resolved. Please close PowerApps Studio and reopen your app to ensure you are using the latest version. This issue was resolved as of 6/19/2018 7:00 PM UTC

"

But now this message has been removed.

PowerApps Support

Regards,

Michael

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 178 members 5,886 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: