cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pareshm
Level: Powered On

SP online list - Person or Group - Mulitple selection is set to Yes.

Hi,

I have below SP online list. In Name column Mulitple selection is set to Yes.

Column Type

Title       Single line of text            

Name    Person or Group

people1.PNGSP list Item

SelectedItem is a collection in powerapps, it contains sharepoint Item.

people3.PNG

people2.PNGPowerApps Collection

1. How do I show comma separated Display Names in label. I am Not able to write a formula using Concat. Name column table is confusing.
  2. Since it is in a table format I am not able to it display list content Gallery either.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: SP online list - Person or Group - Mulitple selection is set to Yes.

Looking at your screenshots I think the collection is called SelectedItem and it only has one row. The column in the collection that has the user names is "Name".  If that is correct then the formula would look like this:

Left(Concat(First(SelectedItem).Name, DisplayName & "; "), Len(Concat(First(SelectedItem).Name, DisplayName & "; "))-2)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

This assumes the values are in a como box called DataCardValue13.  
Example:
Left(Concat(DataCardValue13.SelectedItems, DisplayName & "; "), Len(Concat(DataCardValue13.SelectedItems, DisplayName & "; "))-2)

In this example we are concatenating the display name of the selected items in the combo box into a string separated by a semi colon. Then we are cleaning up the string by removing the trailing semi colon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
pareshm

Hi Jeff, Values are not in the combobox. Values are in the collection. I have one more snapshot in original message for clarity. 

Super User
Super User

Looking at your screenshots I think the collection is called SelectedItem and it only has one row. The column in the collection that has the user names is "Name".  If that is correct then the formula would look like this:

Left(Concat(First(SelectedItem).Name, DisplayName & "; "), Len(Concat(First(SelectedItem).Name, DisplayName & "; "))-2)

View solution in original post

pareshm

Hi @Jeff_Thorpe 

That is correct.

This is working perfectly fine.

Could you please also help me in displaying list contents in gallery without use of Collection?

pareshm

This worked in gallery!! Thanks a lot.

Left( Concat(ThisItem.Name, DisplayName & "; ") , Len(Concat(ThisItem.Name, DisplayName & "; "))-2)

people - gallery.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,888)