Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gpence
Level: Powered On

SPO default forms sizing with PowerApps

Hi All,

I have created 3 PowerApp forms (New, Edit and View) with SharePointIntegration for a contact list we use. I added 2 fields to default list view and tried to add those columns (fields) to the Edit form (I haven't messed with the New or View forms yet), but I can't seem to get the form to resize properly. I have increased the Height parameter to 1000 pixels, but the actual edit form won't scroll down to see the additional fields.

SPO-list-edit-form.png

The default DataCards all seem to be 86 pixels in Height, but it won't let me edit that value -- I was trying to decrease them to 80 pixels or less, so I could fit them all on screen.

SPO-list-DataCard.png

On the PowerApp design screen, I can see the lower fields, but I can't scroll down there, resize the white portion of the form, or change the heigth of the datacards...

SPO-list-size.png

What am I missing here? @Jeff_Thorpe  @iAm_ManCat   Anyone else have ideas?

Thanks,

gpence

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: SPO default forms sizing with PowerApps

@gpence ,

I believe the scrolling issues is caused by the Form height being larger than the screen height. Try changing your Form height from 1000 to 790. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

You can make the datacard height any smaller because that is the minimum about of space it needs based on how the controls are laid out in the datacard. You could change the layout property of the form to horizontal which requires less vertical space and would make your datacards smaller.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
gpence
Level: Powered On

@Jeff_Thorpe 

OK, if I can't make the DataCard smaller, that's understandable, but why won't the scroll bar scroll all the way down to the additional fields which are already on the form?

Super User
Super User

@gpence ,

I believe the scrolling issues is caused by the Form height being larger than the screen height. Try changing your Form height from 1000 to 790. 

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

Yes, I concur with @Jeff_Thorpe on both counts - the size wont go any smaller as it needs that space to display those items - if you shorten your top 'display name' box horizontally to half its size and then move the text field next to that, you should be able to shorten the height of the template datacards.

If you make the height (which equates to Visible height) of the gallery parent.height then it should fill the screen and allow you to scroll down further.

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,967)