Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

SQL Linked server on premise setup

Hey all,

I've been trying to look for a way to connect to a linked Oracle db in SQL but I can't find any way to connect with linked servers.

Why I don't wanna connect directly on the Oracle db is to prevent latceny and extra loadtimes on the db because the whole company need the db to work. So thats why we made a linked server.

Is there any solution to connect to a linked server in SQL?

Kind regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
JRaasumaa
Level 10

Re: SQL Linked server on premise setup

@Tom_Slossewrote:

Hey all,

I've been trying to look for a way to connect to a linked Oracle db in SQL but I can't find any way to connect with linked servers.

Why I don't wanna connect directly on the Oracle db is to prevent latceny and extra loadtimes on the db because the whole company need the db to work. So thats why we made a linked server.

Kind regards

Tom

I don't think you'll get a great answer here for SQL related issues as PowerApps is a whole different product but the short answer is yes, if you have an Oracle account that can login to the DB you can use the SQL OLE DB Provider to create a linked server connection that should allow you to query right in SQL to the Oracle DB linked.

I simply googled "sql linked oracle server" and found a few immediate step by step answers on how to setup the linked server but I would proceed with caution if you aren't familiar with how to make changes to your SQL configuration.

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

Hey @JRaasumaa,

Well I use a data gateway to PowerApps to connect to the linked server so, it is kinda a problem for PowerApps.

Also what I didn't think of is that you can make connection to views now with the SQL connector so I solved my problem doing just that.

Thanks for the information.

Kind regards

Tom

Proud to be a Flownaut!

2 REPLIES 2
JRaasumaa
Level 10

@Tom_Slossewrote:

Hey all,

Kind regards

Tom

I don't think you'll get a great answer here for SQL related issues as PowerApps is a whole different product but the short answer is yes, if you have an Oracle account that can login to the DB you can use the SQL OLE DB Provider to create a linked server connection that should allow you to query right in SQL to the Oracle DB linked.

I simply googled "sql linked oracle server" and found a few immediate step by step answers on how to setup the linked server but I would proceed with caution if you aren't familiar with how to make changes to your SQL configuration.

Super User
Super User

Hey @JRaasumaa,

Well I use a data gateway to PowerApps to connect to the linked server so, it is kinda a problem for PowerApps.

Also what I didn't think of is that you can make connection to views now with the SQL connector so I solved my problem doing just that.

Thanks for the information.

Kind regards

Tom

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (2,082)