Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cameron1
Level: Powered On

SQL server view - error identifier expected at position 0

Hi,

I am currently connected to and SQL server for my Powerapp.  I am able to connect to my tables and retrieve data from columns.   I have a view which I can select, however when I use it for a gallery, I receive the error - "identifier expected at position 0".  I have primary keys set on all tables.  How can I use a view in a gallery?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cameron1

Re: SQL server view - error identifier expected at position 0

I managed to work around the issue which required me to change the advance settings and switch off 'explicit column selection'.  This has removed the error 'identifier expected at position 0' when using SQL server views.

Must be a bug.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Cameron1

I managed to work around the issue which required me to change the advance settings and switch off 'explicit column selection'.  This has removed the error 'identifier expected at position 0' when using SQL server views.

Must be a bug.

View solution in original post

Hi, @Cameron1 -

I had the same issue, with a number of Filter functions suddenly returning errors.

My data is also from SQL views. What concerns me is that for the preview features the Power Apps studio says: "These features will be turned on for all apps soon. Please test you apps with these features enabled and report any problems". I certainly hope we will still be able to turn this off when we are using views - I had the issue not just in a gallery, but for all of my Filter functions.

So - I have combo boxes that are filtered (based on prior selections) and all of those started returning an error. What is very odd is that everything was fine when I last opened the app in design mode - and so I'm guessing I did not have this feature turned on when I last worked on it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,400)