cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TiagoFreire
Level 8

Salesforce Connector? Cannot update Opportunity - Unauthorized, but I am the owner of the Opportunity

Hi all, 

I have been recently been struck with a problem: some flows of mine started failing when trying to update Salesforce Opportunities. 

My flows which can read Opportunities work like a charm. The Opportunities I am working with are owned by my user. I have created a test flow whare I read a single Opportunnity which I have created, and I try to update it with a single change to a innocuous Notes field. The app states that i to not have the necessary permissions to update the record, even though I am the owner. 

Questions: Could it be an instability or a bug in the Salesforce connector, do I have to just sit and wait and it will go away?
 Could it be a permissions change in SalesForce side which made my use unable to update records using the API, even though I am using the credentials of the Owner/creator? (I have checked and I can edit the same record via Salesforce web UI)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TiagoFreire
Level 8

Re: Salesforce Connector? Cannot update Opportunity - Unauthorized, but I am the owner of the Opportunity

Nevermind, a different user had created a duplicate Opportunity, and I have read-only access. Took a bit of digging to find out.

/Closed and out

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TiagoFreire
Level 8

Re: Salesforce Connector? Cannot update Opportunity - Unauthorized, but I am the owner of the Opportunity

Nevermind, a different user had created a duplicate Opportunity, and I have read-only access. Took a bit of digging to find out.

/Closed and out

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,464)