cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save action removes part of record in input gallery

OK folks, got another weird one.

I have a gallery with three input text boxes and a save icon/button that I'm using to compile a collection of a list of items.  The first item is saved to the collection without issues, but when I input the second item/row and click save, the first input text boxes blanks out.  Not only that, but if you try to re-enter what was in it and submit it, it still doesn't show up in SPO list (this is a customized form fyi).  A quick example.  So, the three inputs I have are Item, Description, and Quantity.  So, if you type this...

Item            Description            Quantity

Monitor      NEC                        4                    SAVE

...and click Save, it's fine.  The line is saved to the collection, and a new line is created in the collection/gallery.  

BUT, if you try to enter a another item (this happens to every item after the first)....

Item            Description          Quantity

Monitor      NEC                      4                    SAVE

Keyboard    Logitech              5                     SAVE

..and click Save, the first field disappears.

Item            Description          Quantity

Monitor      NEC                      4                    SAVE

Logitech              5                     SAVE

Here is the code for initializing the collection from the app's OnStart property:

ClearCollect(col_ItemDetail, {Item: "", Description: "", Quantity: 0})

Here is the code from the Save icon/button's OnSelect property:

Patch(col_ItemDetail, ThisItem, {Item: ItemVal.Text, Description: DescripVal.Text, Quantity: Value(QuantityVal.Text)}); Collect(col_ItemDetail, {Title: "", Description: "", Quantity: 0})

Please help.  I've been going over and over this, but can't see what would be causing this behavior.  If anyone needs more information, just ask.  I'd be happy to oblige.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Save action removes part of record in input gallery

@lumberjacklurch 

Since you are replacing the entire record with the values in the gallery textboxes, you might want to consider changing your formula on the save button to this:

Update(col_ItemDetail, 
ThisItem,
{Item: ItemVal.Text, Description: DescripVal.Text, Quantity: Value(QuantityVal.Text)}
);

Collect(col_ItemDetail, {Title: "", Description: "", Quantity: 0})

This should work for you.  I hope it is helpful.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

@lumberjacklurch 

Since you are replacing the entire record with the values in the gallery textboxes, you might want to consider changing your formula on the save button to this:

Update(col_ItemDetail, 
ThisItem,
{Item: ItemVal.Text, Description: DescripVal.Text, Quantity: Value(QuantityVal.Text)}
);

Collect(col_ItemDetail, {Title: "", Description: "", Quantity: 0})

This should work for you.  I hope it is helpful.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

Awesome!  Thanks RandyHayes!  I wonder why Patch exhibits that behavior.  Smiley Frustrated 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,136)